5 questions total! Is it possible for a guy to not have social media?

1. Is it possible for a guy to not have social media?

2. You're crushing on someone, but they're moving away. Would you still go for them? (40-50 mins a away)

3. Is it weird to ask him to hold your hand during a movie? How would you react? (Not a scary movie just reg)

4. Would a guy lose intrest if you tell them "I like you" on the first date?

5. Will he freak out if I ask him for his number? Knowing that he likes me and he single.

If you need details on any of them lemme know.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Yes -- I know lots of guys these days who deliberately started avoiding it because they found it annoying and also found it put an unwanted spotlight on themselves.

2. No -- but I don't do "crushing" anymore. I only develop intense feelings for a girl after I've had sex with her, and only some feelings for her when we date a lot.

3. It's usually cute. I'd be happy to. That said, movie dates suck in the early stages of dating usually, there's far better ways to build a bond between you two than staring at a screen and just holding hands.

4. Depends on whether I like her. If it's mutual and I grew to like her that quickly, the statement might make me feel free to like her even more and have a positive effect. However, if it's not mutual and I haven't made up my mind about her, probably that confession would kind of want me to stay away from her since there's this person who openly likes me but I don't feel same way. In general I think it's unwise to say this so soon because you're at high risk of losing the opportunity for the person to like you back upon spending more time together.

5. Nope, go for it.

• So wait to make sure he feels the same before telling him I like him?

• Yes -- though it's not a bad idea to err on the side of not explicitly saying you like someone and just kind of letting it show through your actions for a good while.

We watch too many romantic films where this confession like, "I love you" suddenly makes the other person feel amazing. In real life, it's usually like, "oh, this person is putting me on the spot with their confession -- seems kind of creepy".

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.
    Yes.
    It's kind of weird. Just hold it instead.
    If they like you beforehand, no.
    No.

What Guys Said 14

• I "have" social media but I never use it at all cause it's just not my style/don't like it. I would rather date someone that honestly isn't obsessed with social media and has a real life. (People use technology too much these days)

No, easier to get with someone close by personally

No not really, but don't ask to hold his hand just go for it (it would be kinda weird if you asked I think) the guy would be a dumbass for not holding your hand if you showed you wanted to

no, but just like he hand thing you don't have to say/do it directly. Tell him you find him interesting and think he's a cool guy and want to get together again cause you had a lot of fun.

No, if you approach it carefully and don't make him embarrassed or something (if he's a really shy nervous guy). Just make it simple

• 1. Completely possible. I used to have scant involvement in social media. Just didn't see the need for it.
    2. I would just confess that I like them to get it over with, but I wouldn't hope for them reciprocating.
    3. Nah, I think holding hands is cute in general.
    4. Dunno, but personally I wouldn't.
    5. Personally, I wouldn't freak out if she asked for my number. I'd be flattered even. I'd be flattered over most of what you said here.

• 1. Sure. I only have facebook, because of some aquaintances I wouldn't know how to contact otherwise. I dont do anything else on it.

2. 40-50 minutes is nothing.

3. Its a bit unusual, but I doubt he would care. Better question would be to "could you give me your hand?" or just simply take it.

4. Can be too much for some - but if thats the case any relationship would have most likely not worked out to begin with.

5. No.

• I'll answer these as I see them:

1. Yes. I have several friends my age (mid to late 20's) who don't use social media. They're usually getting their careers started or have a family and view social media as a waste of time or don't believe they have a need for it.

2. If I'm CRUSHING on someone, no. If we were in a serious relationship, yes.

3. If I'm digging her and we're hitting it off, I wouldn't find it weird at all. I'd think it's cute.

4. Telling me you like me on the first date will pique my interest if anything, especially if I like her.

5. No, I wouldn't be freaked out if she asked for my number

• So there's a big chance he won't want a relationship cause I'm moving soon?

• In my personal opinion, if y'all are really just crushing and haven't gotten further than that, maybe not. Depends on if he likes you as much as you seem to like him

• 1) yes, I don't have social media my dick has yet to fall off. (Though I am monitoring it)
    2) yea, 40-50 mins away would be a hassle, but not impossible.
    3) a little, I wouldn't ask, just go for it.
    4) I don't think so, I mean y'all are on a date so y'all must like each other.
    5) I don't think so.
    And as a added bonus
    6) good luck!

• 1. Yes but it's rare. Might just want time with people in person. Or to not spend time at all.
    2. Yeah if it was possible to still see each other every now and then. Makes it harder though.
    3. Nah just hold his hand. Physical contact feels amazing.
    4. Nope not if I felt the same way.
    5. No he'll be happy. Maybe a little nervous if he's shy etc.

• Yes
    Maybe
    No
    No
    No

• 1. Yes, it's not that unusual for guys to want to ignore that bullshit. I have a facebook and linkedin, but that's it. I use facebook just to chat with friends, not much else. As for linkedin, I have it for professional reasons. 2. That's not really that far, so if I knew there was a good chance she'd reciprocate my feelings, yes. 3. Nope, I would think it's cute and endearing. 4. Nope, that would be quite reassuring. 5. Not at all, if a guy likes you, he'd love for you to ask for his number.

• Yes
    Possibly
    No
    Depends on the guy
    Likely not

• Yynnn

• The first one I find ridiculous. Of course! I don't have any, and I probably never will. (depends on if you count Skype and GAG as social media or not)

Depends on whether they will still be going to my school or not.

Depends on if you're in a relationship or not. If not, it's a bit suspicious.

Nope. I thought you go on dates with people you like. Isn't that the idea?

Probably not. More excitement than freaking out I'd imagine.

Good luck :)

• yes no no no no

• 1) Yes, I deleted mine not worth the hassle.

2) It could depend on different things. However unlikely, its too far.

3) No, I love that.

4) Yes, it is possible. Of course it could also depend on in what way you show ineterest. You don't want to sound clingy or desperate.

5) Freak out, no. But I would like to ask her out. Just flirt with him and hopefully he asks you out. If she does ask me for my number, I'll get her number instead.

• 1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. No
    5. No

What Girls Said 0