Should a person only be in a relationship if he/she is in love with his/her bf/ gf?

Do you already have to be in love before entering the relationship? Or can you enter it AND THEN fall in love?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see the point of waiting until you're in love to enter a relationship.

A relationship is about growing and learning with one another, and along the way you fall in love with the quirks and the imperfections that your partner has.

You can't fall in love with someone you barely know, and if you don't know them and aren't in a relationship with them... what's going to make you commit to sticking around and focusing on just them long enough to fall in love, if you're unsure whether the other is invested enough in ya'll's future together?

Most Helpful Guy

• The basis of most relationships is lust. Beyond that they either turn into love or in most cases undying hatred.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't get in a relationship with someone unless I have legitimate feelings for them, but it takes a little while of being in a relationship to get to the point of loving them.

• It's more about , similar interested, etc.

Being in love before dating? Not yet happened. Don't think it ever will

• I guess, the more you get to know someone. The more you fall in love with them. You don't necessarily have to be in a relationship for it to work though. Some people get into relationships just for them to fizzle out and fall out of love. Its a strange one.

• More like wait and see if you could fall in love and then start one to see.

What Guys Said 1

• damn this is so hard. Either way can work.