Girls, would you date a guy who wore makeup?

Maybe to hide some features on his face? Like acne or something?Girls, would you date a guy who wore makeup?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hear all of this about wearing make up doesn't make up manly... why? It's something to improve your looks, that's it. Men in media are usually covered in make up but we don't bat an eye. Dunno if a chick denies a guy for wearing heavy make up while she does it seems rather hypocritical. That's just me. I don't wear heavy makeup nor do I like it. So I prefer a non-makeup or minimal makeup guy

What Girls Said 37

• honestly, i wouldn't mind a few touchups for the skin so much. i get it, i totally get it. if that boy start putting on mascara and lipstick and all that then hell nah.

• Umm, no. I don't wear cover-up sooo why would I want my partner to? (I only wear eye liner, rarely mascara, and for special events/occasions lipstick).

If I like him, I'll like him no matter what his skin looks like. PLUS there are a lot of products out there to help with blemishes and things like that.

• To be honest. No. He needs to learn to be himself. There are other alternatives to help with dermatology issues that doesn't require makeup.

• Do you wear makeup?

• In my humble opinion yes I do. But I also know many have an enjoyment of them, so I can understand. But when somebody believe's it's a must, that's where I have a problem. Many are afraid to be judged by their looks so that's one of the main reason they do it. That develops a low self esteem issue, because it means they have a problem with self. It also leads to other psychological issues such as depression and emotional abuse. Many feel that makeup is what defines a woman, and it doesn't. And many makeup companies are not hygienic or organic and can cause more physical problems when it concerns in dermatology.

• Women have been wearing makeup forever so they clearly gravitate towards it

• My boyfriend and I were in Ulta, and I got him to try on a pore minimizer. It worked, and I would have no issue with him wearing primer or even concealer and foundation for his skin. :) Everyone should have the right to a great foundation, man or woman :)

• I definitely would. And I think eyeliner looks hot. Also, if he wanted to shape up his eyebrows I wouldn't mind. I think it's attractive

• Well I do identify as "goth", so eyeliner and black lipstick is normal on a guy in my book :-P Yeah, it wouldn't bother me.

• I dated a drummer that wore eyeliner when he performed with his band.

If a guy wanted to cover up blemishes or something, that wouldn't bother me. I can maybe help him out so it looks natural and not caked on.

• Meh, I don't see why it'd make much of a difference so sure :)

• Yeah why not? i could try product on him!!!

Plus @Other_Tommy_Wiseau already agreed to be my experiment :)

• I mean, if it's to hide blemishes, I could get over it. But if you're doing mascara, eyeliner, and bronzer, hell to the no.

• I'd be confused as to why he'd want to wear it.

• dont be mean to males

• @youmybaby2 ugh huh 🙄😒

• Naww I was having fun though 😂

• No. No to the purse. No to the makeup. I want a manly man. Flaws and all.

• Yeah sure. Lipstick, mascara, and false lashes are way too much in my opinion. I mean, do what you want, but I don't find those things attractive.

• Yea I wouldn't care as long as he isn't prettied than me lol

• Something like BB cream, sure.

Lipstick, mascara, eyelash curlers, and the like? Honestly no.

• No I would not for the most part, like 99% of the time
    There are some very rare exceptions I would make in the case of guy liner because I like rocker types

• I guess it depends on how much he wears. If he was just covering up a few blemishes than its fine, but if he was wearing like full fast makeup then... no, definitely not.

• Nope since I stopped wearing make up too. :D

• I don't mind. Would be hypocritical not to, since I'm a girl who wears a bit of makeup regularly myself :p Wouldn't make him less manly or anything in my eyes.

• No, I want a manly dude.

• there's nothing wrong with them men on TV wear makeup Google Mario Lopez

• that's a smarter man than most

• Why smarter?

• @ThisDudeHere makeup doesn't = falsification. it's not full cosmetic surgery if ur ugly at first u can't look 10/10 no matter how much products u buy.

• Sure but you will look different from the real you none the less. I want a woman who doesn't use any. That way I will get to know both her personality, and her actual looks.

• Yeah, I wouldn't mind a bit of concealer or foundation.

• I haven't dated anyone who wore makeup.

• Obviously. We could maybe borrow each others concealers or foundations.

• Bronzer + spray tan + black nail polish + colored eye contacts are my limits.

• Yeah sure I can't see why not...

• I wouldn't have a problem with it but my type of guy probably wouldn't wear it

• Some to hide bad acne or darkcircles is fine. Eye makeup? Hell no. Eyebrow makeup? Hell no. Bronzer and blush & lipsticks? Hell no. If he had pale lips , tinted Chapstick is okay.

• No, that's too feminine for me. It's like asking a guy if he would date a girl who didn't shave her legs and armpits - that's too masculine and unattractive for most men. Same way, a guy who wears makeup - too feminine and not attractive for many girls.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 2