Help! Boyfriend is mad at me!!! What do I do?

Hey :)

Me and my boyfriend have been going out for 1.5 months now. He's one of the most interesting people I have met and we share so much in common. I am 23 and he is 24. We spent 10 hours together each week, hold hands, hold each other in public etc.

We went out for dinner last Friday and then cuddled and drank on a beach late into the night and it was really fun.

Here's the problem, right after we parted ways I texted him. He never replied. Today he sent me a long text saying how I disrespected him by calling his work boring (he does research at a local university). He said that his research is his top priority in life and that coming out all this way to see me only to have me joke around about his work is extremely rude to him. I may have joked around about stuff like that but I didn't think he would take it this seriously. I always found guys let things slide and are easy going in general.

I think he might be mad for other reasons too though... I did mention how I found one of my co-workers extremely attractive during our dinner date, and it was in front of people. I think that may have irked him, now that I look back at it, but he never said this in his message.

What can I do? Did I really offend him? I feel really bad now. He was tall and dominant but loved showing affection by cuddling and holding hands and it was so cute...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea wtf Iwhy would you say that to him

Most Helpful Girl

• He's not only angry because of that. I also see compared to him, your showing yourself to be very immature and not serious about him like you say you are. You need to seriously apologize to him and be considerate to how he feels and what's important to him. And please, you don't need to describe his looks. It lets me know your only with him because he's tall and dominant or because of what he does for you. That's not enough to keep a relationship, and it's a bid unhealthy because of what your putting into it.

What Guys Said 2

• You shouldn't ever say what a person does is boring. Especially if they're a professional like he is.

• ask him why he's angry, and he may just give you a straight answer.
    then try apologizing for it i guess

What Girls Said 1

• Well you can't just assume he's angry about something else. It might be the case, but first adress what he literally complained about straight away. Maybe since research is what he loves doing and spends his time at and maybe is a bit stressed over finding time to see you, he just feels like you're making jokes about something that is part of him. Apologize saying you didn't mean it like that, that it's just YOU would not ever manage to do such a... let's say a work that needs concentration? I don't know. It doesn't sound boring, but it isn't for him and he needs support. Maybe say you admire him for being passionate about something, but only if you mean it.