Took a shy girl out on a date, went well, but not sure what's going on with her feelings. Any ideas?

Shy girl I met at the gym. I took her out kayaking and then spent about 5 hours together talking and getting to know each other. We have a lot in common, but she seemed very shy and reserved the whole time, she laughed a decent amount tho. At the end of the night I tried the goodnight kiss and she gave me the cheek. I didn't call her out on it and left it at that. A few days later I texted her to arrange the next date. Her responses were much shorter and took much longer. We decided on a date but said she needed to be home early and suggested we go rock climbing. I said I'd love to but told her I need to ask if she is only looking for a platonic relationship. She said she was, because she doesn't know if she is going to be moving in a year or so... not the real reason I know. So I told her she is very lovely but I am only interested in her romantically and if she changes her mind to let me know cuz I'd love to take her to a romantic dinner. It's been over a week and I've seen her in the gym a couple times since then but just the general hi how are things convo.

She's on my mind and I really like her, but it's hard to know if she is just so shy she is afraid of a relationship. When I first asked her out she responded enthusiastically. But being a shy girl it's so hard to tell interest. I don't think she has ever had a boyfriend. Or if she is genuinely just not attracted to me. Any advice on how I can flush things out? I am 28 she is 22 by the way

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think she is very interested.

What Guys Said 2

• I would think there are two most likely scenarios:

1) She is conflicted because of shyness or perhaps a fear of intimacy and so is reluctant to get involved in a real relationship.

or

2) She decided she isn't that interested in you.

Not sure how to tell; I guess you can pursue her casually, suggesting a casual lunch rather than an expensive dinner, and try to better gauge what she really means/wants. But then men have been trying to do that for centuries so no guarantee that will help...

• She didn't look like she is interested to be honest... unless and until she is too much shy