How do I tell my parents that I'm dating?

I have recently started to see a guy that I like and feel that we will end up becoming a couple. I'm 20 but this would be my first ever relationship so when the time comes I'm not sure how exactly it should be talked about with my parents. Also, it would be an interracial relationship (I'm black he's white) though I'm more than positive that my parents won't care about that because I don't.

So should i tell my parents Im dating when the time comes?
-Share your own stories if you'd like I would love to hear some :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Take it easy, life is ahead of you. Want to introduce him to them best, option is tell them you want to invite him for a dinner, coffee and intrudce him or whatever comes to your mind. Now be aware if you hide it for to long, the outcome would not be good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep in mind that they will want to know, just to be there for you if you need advice from them. I think bringing him over to the house as a friend is a good way to introduce him.

Chances are that your parents will understand what's going on without your having to tell them, but after a few weeks, it would be a good idea to tell them over dinner or something. "You know that guy I hang out with? He's really sweet. He's taken me out a few times and we spend a lot of time together."

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• "HI, mom and dad, I'm dating a guy and his name is..."