Asking my boyfriend if we can slow things down?

hi friends! so i've been dating my boyfriend for a few weeks, but we've known each other for two years. he's really awesome!!! i love spending time with him. the only dilemma i'm having is that i feel like we're taking it too fast. he loves to be physical and touch me in places that don't necessarily make me uncomfortable, but make me feel like it's a little much for the time frame and everything. how can i tell him this without making him feel upset or mad at me? thank you so much for your help!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's as simple as a straightforward convosation with you telling him what you are okay with and what your not, if he respects you he will understand. He will continue to push his limits every now and then with you, you just have to keep him in control.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sit him down here, dear, and tell him in a "Slow" but Gentle manner that you really Care about him, but you want to Take things 'Slow' right now so that Something Special that you Both have Started, doesn't Mess Up... A Beautiful Two years 'We've known each other.'
    If he really Has Heart for you, he will Understand and Not be 'Mad at me,' but Instead in his own Head, Admire you for your Maturity and Move Slow with the Flow Now as well.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 8

• It's normal, he's doing it because he's attracted to you, he likes you, he wants you and not other girls. If you still don't want him to do it this much, just tell him to slow down, but say it nicely.

• Tell him that you want him, but that you are not ready for that sort of physical intimacy.
    If he has a problem with that, he is unworthy of you.
    If he has blue balls and needs release, think about giving him hand jobs or oral. Once he shoots his load, the pressure will ease and he should be happy to not push you for intercourse.

• slowing things down is always a bad thing, and if he can't have you, than more than likely he will look for someone else, who actually wants him.
    you've been together for 2 years, slowing things down is like telling a guy you dont want him anymore, so dont do it, and quit feeling that way, guys can be very sensitive to things like that especially if a girlfriend says "we should spend some time apart" also, cause those are also break up words.

• Don't know that you can. Just tell him you're not comfortable with the physical stuff

• Just tell him, and if he isn't considerate about it, that'll probably show he's not that great of a guy.

• Two years and you want to slow things down? Ugh...

• i only say that because we've technically only been dating for a few weeks haha! i understand where you're coming from though

• Sit on his face.

• You can't. It doesn't matter how or when you tell him, he is gonna get offended.

All it is, is an incompatibility issue. So he will either compromise, or decide that you two werent right for eachother and find someone else who's on the same page.

What Girls Said 2

• Well if he's your boyfriend, then he would understand. Just explain to him. That even though you've known each other for a long time and maybe you enjoy it, the relationship is still new and you don't want to rush into it.

• You can explain to him that you love him, but you sometimes feel uncomfortable when he touches you because it's too soon since y'all started dating. I mean yeah you might know him for two years, but y'all didn't have "sexual" contact.