Single again. how do you even start over?

Most Helpful Guy

• Newly single, as well. Wish I had an answer. Maybe get a dog, or cat?
    Spend extra time at Barnes and Noble, looking for someone that is looking at something you are interested in, and NOT wearing a ring? Dating sites just, well, NEVER had a good date from them!!
    Chat with someone on GAG, and maybe you are close enough to meet?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's time to know yourself again, and pay attention to you. Go at your own pace. Join clubs or befriend people so that you won't settle into loneliness later on. Pick up a new hobby, travel, it's time step out of your comfort zone a little and explore.

• can i do this alone? im afraid most of my friends have moved and those who are left have families of their own. i find it hard to invite them because of their families.

• I'm sure you're not the only one who's experiencing this. I'm sure you can have bbq's and make it a family event, or invite your friends to "get away" from the kids once in a while and hang out low-key. They're your friends, they won't forget you. It'll be a little different, but you can find ways to make it work.

What Guys Said 4

• You're female, so it's quite easy because women don't have to approach. Just say yes to one of the men who ask you out, and take it from there!

• I think it's good to focus on building and expanding your friends, trying new things, putting yourself out there, get a makeover, have fun.

Try not to make finding a man your top priority because, in doing so, you'll often end up not finding one.

• how do you actually do that when you are literally alone? no family and most my friends have moved somewhere far. im embarassed going out alone at my age.

• When I first went to Tokyo, I actually managed to make my first few set of friends in a small bar. It was an older crowd of people, more mature and quiet, not rowdy, with a cozy counter. I started striking up conversations with people, not coming on to women or anything like that, very friendly, and eventually I met someone who invited me to a social event (an outdoor BBQ). I went, met more people, and started networking that way.

Later I went to Hong Kong for a while and there I found there was a local club for people who were foreign to the city. I found a wild and diverse group of people there and started befriending people that way.

Coffee shops and bookstores never worked for me, but those places generally don't focus on socialization. I think more social groups and social settings would tend to work better, or something like a class where you might be able to see the same faces time and time again.

• Then I stayed in L. A. for a few months and actually met a nice group of people when I was at a Japanese restaurant. They invited me to see Hollywood together and I went, met more people, same kind of thing.

It usually only requires finding a few people like this who are friendly to start building up these connections.

• I found that finding activites to get your mind off your failed relationship is your first step. Try something new and out of your comfort zone.

• smile, have stars in your eyes, wonder about things, be social, be polite. =)

What Girls Said 2

• Join a singles group, such as Meet Up. You can then pick and choose which outings you would like to attend, and build a social life.

You might meet someone new that way, or you could try online dating. I suggest trying both.

• Give yourself some to allow someone new to enter your life