Isn't it strange that this guy I met online said he can't meet me until 2 weeks from now because of his work schedule?

So I met a guy on OkCupid and we've been msging on kik for about 2 weeks now and he says that we should hang out.
I say that'd be nice and ask when and he tells me he has to check his schedule then says he won't be available til 2 weeks from now.

He works 35hrs a week at a regular retail type of job so I don't see how he'd be booked up.

Am I reading too much into this? Most of the time a guy wants to meet up within a week or at least a week after msging.

• yes it is, you're probably the back up plan
  • no it isn't, he's just busy

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely a backup plan. Id wanna meet like asap lol

• Lol so now a week later he says that I should come visit him at his work while he's on break.
      I asked him what happened to the 2 weeks then he says that he's not seen his next week schedule... So I tell him Goodbye and "Hope you find what you're looking for"
      And now he's saying that it's messed that I all of a sudden want to stop talking to him

• Oh wow I didn't catch that! I thought meeting during break was just laziness.

Thanks for the tips man! I always fall for being the back so I thought it was a bad sign he wanted to meet in 2 weeks.

• Yeah no problem. No man should do that and wait for 2 weeks unless he's going on vacation ya know? He should wanna meet asap in my thoughts. Thats how I am.

Most Helpful Girl

• If his interested in you then there is no excuse. He will find a way around his schedule to meet you if he was at least a little bit interested.
    I'd suggest finding other guys that actually want to date you. But if you really like this guy you have to make yourself seem busy; make him value the time you guys spend together! But he doesn't sound like his worth it; leave him :)

• True, after a week he suggested that I meet him while he's on break at work... So I was like what happened to the 2 weeks? And he said that he didn't know his next week schedule so I told him oh OK and "Hope you find what you're looking for"
      Then he says that it's messed up how I all of a sudden don't want to talk to him anymore

• Yeah his clearly lying. If he can't get his own story straight then his not worth it - at all. Good on you for breaking things up with him! :)

What Guys Said 5

• Just because he works 35 hours, doesn't mean that he doesn't have a life outside of work. But keep your eye open though.

• Exactly, I did the math and even if he sleeps 8hrs he should still have free time

• You are aware that there are jobs which are two weeks on two weeks off in industries such as oil or fishing and such, right?

• What if he is a secret agent who has to go on a mission to weaken the government in Iran for two weeks? I am going to check the news...

• Somethings up. I don't know see how it plays. At the very last for crazy excuse hell come up with next.

• something seems fishy about this

What Girls Said 6

• Who cares? Just wait out the two weeks and see how things go from there... Maybe later you can truly find out if you really are the backup plane if he really had that much work or whatever it is that had him delay... And then YOU can make the decision if it's actually worth your time to consider him as a potential date/bf/ etc etc..

BUT!! IF after two weeks he postpones again, I'd just advice you to tell him farewell and have a nice life! Then you move on... And don't keep contact with him if he does that. .. It's a waste of time.

• Girl if ur instincts tell you something's up then believe it!!!

• He doesn't have the kind of job to be needing to schedule for two weeks. You're the backup chick.

• Back burner girl, he'd make time if he really wanted to see you hun

• 2 weeks is long unless he has a business trip or something

• Ehhh maybe he has other things to do besides work in his life? Just meet and see what happens o guess