Does this translate to not interested?

if i asked a guy out from a dating website and his response was a "ya that could be fun" is that man code for i am not interested but dont want to be a jerk to flat out say no?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a blow off

• Thats what i figured. Is there a way to reply to that to. actually test it if it was a true blow off?

• Me? I'd ask for clarity and stop the game

• Thanks rep, i will do that. Clarity then end the game

Most Helpful Girl

• Hard to say.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends, how would you react if he was totally game and eager to go?

Maybe he's trying not to scare you off? I know I have some of this anxiety.

• Ponder, why would you have anxiety in telling a girl yes when she asked you?

• I just have anxiety in general. Uncommon interactions like being asked out will freeze me right up. If I like a girl back, I become eager and that tends to scare them off, so I try to be casual. But seeing as there's at least one girl (you) who sees this approach as "not interested" then maybe I've been doing it wrong.

• Although that response isn't too enthusiastic, I think guys say what they mean MOST of the time. Where women speak in code and read between the lines, men usually say what they're thinking.

• 03america, he might think it could be fun but it still doesn't answer the underlying question in wether or not he wants to go

• The only way to get the definitive answer is by actually meeting. A lot of the times men and women don't want to appear needy and come off as uninterested. I'd say its safe to assume you're interested. So I'd take the yes as a yes and see what comes of it. If you're that worried about it, make the date when/where there's something else you enjoy doing. i. e.-@ a bar/party/event close to where ur friends are. This way its no big deal if the date tanks.

• That means he is interested😠

• Did you mean to say he is NOT interested? The emoji doesn't match your comment. Please clarify

• I mean it shows he IS interested why do you even doubt it?😃

• I am doubting it because it didn't follow up with anything such as "when?" Or something along those lines to show thst they are open to it. Instead it came off flat.

What Girls Said 1

• I would leave it at that without responding. See if he brings it up on his own later on. You made the suggestion, he can take some initiative now.