It's useless isn't it?

I've tried, and tried to get any woman to even just go on a date with me, but with no success. I've tried online dating (i. e. Tinder, okcupid, pof, happen, bumble, etc.) for nearly a year now, but with no success... I've tried cold approaches. I've tried talking to women in my college courses. Nothing works... I dont know what to do. I don't have any friends (because I don't want any), family, or acquaintances.
i suffer with severe depression (yes I'm medicated, and no it hasn't helped, and yes I've told my doc, but he has pretty much ran out of options.) and anxiety disorder.
i especially hate men (probably because i was bullied throughout school)
i work out 4 times a week and I'm in fairly good health.
i just always feel empty and shitty. I just want someone, but i guess I'm just shit outta luck.

p. s. Please don't say "oh you're still young, you've got time" well to that i say, I'm not interested in living alone, and if I'm still alone at 29 well I'm checking out early.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have depression and I know it isn't rainbows and sunshine (I've been medicated before and I hated it). It's really tough to deal with. I have to tell you though, relationships and depression don't mix well. I know being in a relationship may seem like a great opportunity to have some be there for you, but sometime that person might not get what you're going through.

I think you should try to become more positive (I don't know any other way to phrase that and I know you can't just "become" positive) because it doesn't matter if you're healthy, if you act "sad" around people, most cases they won't know how to comfort you so they don't want to deal with it. Try to form bonds with others as friends rather than start looking for relationships. Surround yourself with people even if you don't want any friends. Being around people who care about you really helps.

I know how it feels to be completely hopeless but don't put yourself down. Have a little patience, too. :) Somethings take time.

Also, it's easier for a girl to fall for you when she feel's close to you and gets to know you. So, befriend her first, rather than focus on dating her.

Most Helpful Guy

• I recommend showing interest in a girl once you have gotten to know each other, even if it's just a little. If you have a dreary vibe, that can cause issues unless you find a girl that likes that.

• That's the thing, when I try to get close to women they just are not at all interested. When i chat with anyone I always try to be upbeat and pleasant. Where they think I am or not is something I'll never find out.

• That sounds frustrating. I've seen lots of less attractive couples so even if girls don't tend to see you as hot, lots of people have gotten partners. If there are things you can do to improve you looks like working out or a new hair cut, I would try that. They may pick up on you not being happy inside too.

• I really can't change anything about my looks😅. I guess I really am just outta luck.

What Girls Said 5

• Have you tried dating sites that you have to pay for? Usually, if one is paying to find a match, they're more serious than hook up sites.

• I can't afford the subscriptions😅. I don't have a job since i take 21 credit hours every semester.

• I figured as much, they tend to be pricey. They are having a free communication weekend on eharmony until 7/5, I don't know if you have to be a member, you may be able to sign up free. Worth a try if you're bored.

• The right girl hasn't found you yet.

• I really doubt she ever will😔

• Oh man, she will. Trust me. There's a girl out there looking for her partner in crime just as hard as you are. Getting more friends would be the first step. It is a small world afterall

• And please don't try to check out early. You'll regret it, I certainly did and believe me I really wanted to go

• I feel like you have to focus on yourself and becoming healthier because from personal experience even if you find the right guy as long as you feel depressed and horrible about yourself the relationship will not work. Try doing some yoga and meditations it really helped me. Don't worry toI much about finding someone it will happen eventually

• I meant girl sorry

• I actually have tried yoga a meditation, but I didn't get the same results. As for happening eventual, I'm kinda on a time frame so yeah..

• Can we get a picture?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 2

• Girls seem to be able to sense the desperation. You need to present yourself as somebody that is cool to be around. I have had 4 different girlfriends and i met all of them while I wasn't even trying. Every time I've gone out to specifically get laid I've been rejected.

• You're still young. You've got time.