Dating apps, yes or no?

What are your opinions on dating apps. Which ones do you use and what have been your experiences with them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah dude, it's hard to trust someone over the internet, been there did that, got f*****

What Guys Said 19

• Approximate number of viewed profiles: 1000
    My swipe-right ratio: roughly one time out of every 20 pictures viewed.
    Matches: zero.

It might be interesting to ask a female friend to swipe right on my Tinder, just to see what happens when two people match, but that wouldn't be worth the trouble of re-installing and re-activating it.

• not "one time out of every 20 pictures," but rather "profiles." Lots of people post more than one picture.

• Lol id only see people on here hating on tinder, nerds prolly can't eben get a match baha Its easy and legit as hell

• Well what are you looking for on the dating sites? And which ones do you use?

• Ehh never used one not even tinder. I prefer the old fashion way and the chase. I have heard that if your an attractive female you will get bombarded with messages from guys.

• I use OKCupid (OKC) and Tinder.

Had more success on OKC. The free version of the site is very feature rich.

• What do you mean by success? Do you mean like dates or just hookups?

• In terms of replies and dates

• Only use dating app if you just plan to fuck. There's no relationship material in there.

• ^^^^ thissssss

There are so many weirdos on those things. Unfortunately it's surprisingly difficult to find a dude on tinder who doesn't want a relationship.

ಠ_ಠ

• Wait wut? No they're the ones who want a relationship when I'm just trying to get fucked lol

I can't find someone who doesn't want to spend time with me and get to know me 🙄 I don't want that

• @teawrecks Well it's the opposite then hahaha on Tinder, the girls that say they don't wanna hookup, are the ones that hookup. I guess it's the other way around with guys xD

• They're pointless for the overwhelming vast majority of men.

• Why is it pointless? Is it because it is harder for men to match with someone?

• That's one way to put it.

Women are even pickier with online dating than they are in real life. OKStupid did a study and found that women ranked 80% of men as 'below average' in appearance. Which is yet more proof of not only the 80/20 Rule, but that women don't understand what average means.

• Tinder comes through for me about twice a month.
    nothing worth holding on to though, bunch of crazies and girls who are 40 lbs heavier than their pics.
    At least I always say my pics are a little old, and then have the decency to look better than them.

• I have one installed but not really using it

• You're a girl, those apps can be a lot of fun for you, not so much for guys though...

• Pass

• Dating apps = scam

• I don't use them

• Pathetic

• occasionally go on there to check my 1000 + matches and to troll sloots, feels good man.

• No never

• i would use em if they're free. any advice?

• I have used tinder and met 2 guys on there and it wasn't bad. However I have had some guy friends who have traveled distances to meet someone on tinder and the girl does not look like her picture and they weren't the best dates. So if you are a guy I would say be cautious with certain girls and add them on snapchat before hand if your main purpose is looks.

• glad to hear it. i'm actually on meetic but you got to pay that shite. :/
      my main purpose is dating, looks is something... i dont really mind as long as it she's stimulating my chords. i dont know, maybe is just me ahah

• No I would not like to.

• I got rejected by every girl on OKCupid.

• Primarily it's no different to Facebook just use it as another way to met people and socialise

What Girls Said 7

• Well I tried almost every popular dating app, tinder, pof, coffee meet bagel, okcupid etc etc. Then I met my boyfriend on the first week of using the app Zoosk lol Dating apps are not designed for people have certain kind of mentality like being too serious too attaching or if you are severely lack of experiences with socializing. Its just a way to meet new people for me, I made a few good friends out of these apps I used, both girls and guys. I prefer using apps since I found awkard if someone approach me in a shop and I seriously think its weird to me at least.. haha meeting people at college and school are acceptable but I wasn't a student for a long time so it didn't work. Its all depends and need to be careful with it.

• Honestly I've never tried them and I don't trust in them because most guys who use them are only looking for sex - at least that's what I hear everywhere - including this site.

• I've never had the chance to use one, I've been in a relationship for a really long time. Way before all these apps came out. But I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I think they seem fun and like a great way to meet new people you ordinarily wouldn't

• Don't do dating apps. Don't ever want to start. I guess I'm old fashion in the way I like to meet my men.

• Where do you meet your men if not on dating apps? I have tried bars not the best idea by the way.

• @zagor ahhh Kay get where you're coming from. It works for me since I live in the city. But you'll find someone. I guarantee you. Just keep trying. You got the sense of humour going for you too! You'll be fineπŸ‘Œβ˜ΊοΈ

• "you'll find someone. I guarantee you. Just keep trying"

When a girl says "you'll find someone," this is the type of woman she is referring to:
      img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/.../...169937b860_full.jpg

• Online dating really isn't for me.
    No one ever believes that my pics or profile are real
    I just don't have the energy to convince them otherwise.

I only ever get snarky messages like "fake", "gold digger", "whore" or "eat a burger" anyway.

• yeah i like them. i use tinder as a dating app and im actually talking to a really awesome guy right now. just gota be picky.

• I have failed miserably with online dating because I just can't find the quality of men I am looking for. This includes paid dating apps.