Is a 8-9 years difference too much in a relationship?

I am dating a 28 year old guy and I am 19. I don't understand why he will want to date someone as young as I am.

Most Helpful Guy

• Youth is generally attractive to guys since it biologically stands for fertility and health. Its really not rocket science.

The reason why many guys still stay within their age-range (minus a few years) is mental and maturity compatibility.

Read here: www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ctive-opposite-sex.html

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you're easy. You don't ask for as much as someone his own age. And by easy I don't mean sexually or anything. But a girl his age would be pushing for marriage and family. With you, that's probably not on your radar for several more years. So he gets less pressure. And a girl his age would be more demanding about his career and ability to take care of a future family. Again, not something that you're probably looking for at this age.

What Guys Said 20

• It is, but it doesn't mean that the relationship won't work. I've seen successful relationships with bigger gaps. I can't say why he wants to date you, each person has different intentions, but if you think that he's genuine and if you wanna give him a chance, do it.

• Many older guys date younger women just for their looks, or maybe they are just a little bit insecure or can't get women closer to their own age.

Just think about it from the other perspective, if you were a 28 year old with a job and your own house, what would make you want to date a 19 year old? I think it's really weird.

• trust me we can get women our own age but we dont want them. why woule a 28 year old with a job and own house want to date a women whos passed her prime and needs to start having kids soon. sounds like a shitty deal.

• @dudeman Lmao you're clearly a troll.

• nope just a dude man

• no its fine.

• No, it's not.

• So why are you dating him?

• It was normal back then, even 50 year old guy could marry with 19 year old girl during 15-16 centruies. But today I dont think it seems normal :D

• Yes.

• Does it bother you? do you like him?

• I'm a 20 year old crossdresser dating a 36 year old guy lol. If I can get away with that you're fine!!

• Its fine

• Cause he doesn't want women his age.

• Age just a number. Nothing more.

• Nah you're both adults, so it's fine

• in your case i think it is

• in my opinion thats way too much a difference.

• a bit yeah

• In my opinion yes it is too big of a age gap.

• I want you, too.

• Why are you so obsessed with age?

• It's not that it's bad I just don't understand it.

What Girls Said 12

• I think it depends on the person. It would probably be too much for some people but others would be able to make it work. You're an adult so you can date whoever you want. There's a 6 year age gap in my relationship, and we have no issues. So, as long as it's working for you, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks.

• You're 19 which I think is a bit too young to be dating older dudes (just my personal opinon) but that said I've dated age gaps of 12, 22 and 25 years. It doesn't mean you won't have anything in common - me and my ex are so similar in our tastes, music, film, games etc and he's 37, some guys just like dating younger women, makes them feel good I guess.

• Actually the last one was 26 years, sorry! Age gap that was bigger than I'd been alive haha ;)

• No, you are right :) I think about that because I am in college and I barely have a job and I live with my parents so I don't understand why an older men that has a job and live by his own will be interested in me!

• Probably because you're pretty and fun! I just say be careful :)

• That's no too much I've known a happy couple that had 14 years difference and another one with 25 years difference so your age difference is actually not that big and if you really love him then why care what other people think. Love is the only thing that matters in a relationship right ;besides being attracted to your partner.

• Everyone has their own reason for dating the person they're dating. I've seen many people have successful relationships with 15 years age gaps and one as far as 30 year age gap. It's possible.

• It's a pretty big age difference but that doesn't make it not okay. You are legal so you have the privilege to date a much older guy. The main reasons why some guys like to date younger women is because of their youthful looks and they see themselves having a future with a younger women, since younger women have a very low chance of aging too soon and they're at their fertility peak.

• Its a lot for your age (in my opinion cause I just turned 20 and wouldn't like a gap that much) but its down to the people.. some people are more mature.. some people at 19 have their life together some dont.. etc etc etc.. your situation and personalities is what makes it work. but in my point of view men only like younger girls for one reason only...

• Your young and gullible

• To me it is.

• That's not a big deal for me. I think that's a decent age difference

• date him, its legal so who cares

• No, if he's respectful of you.

• Age is just a number. I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 40 we've been together for a year now, you can't help who you love.