My crush is homeless?

His been messaging me and talking to me on the phone nearly everyday and we hit it off really well. We're always silly and talk about random things and then later as I got to know him he told me that he had family issues and money issues. He doesn't have a family anymore or he just doesn't keep in contact with them (visa versa) and he lives in his car. He has a job as an auto mechanic and his a specialist with Volkswagens and he pretty much is an excessive pot user. I told my mum about him and she was very uncomfortable with it (haven't even told her about him smoking pot!) but I think she is worried that he might want to live with us.
I am the complete opposite from him. I live with my parents; we have a great relationship, I don't do drugs and I tend to stay healthy as much as possible. I go to university and I work in my mother's business.

I've always wondered if he could change; I do like him but with these issues he has I think he might need to sort them out for himself? But I doubt he ever will. He said he wants to live in a van (His a big hippie!) and my dad has very high expectations for my boyfriends (Ive never had one due to him)
What should I do? I want to help him out of drugs and homelessness but he seems to like it? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• It won't change and he sounds like a loser pothead. If he wasn't buying so much weed he could probably afford a real place. His priorities are all wrong. Run from this one and never look back

• Yeah I was gonna tell him and kind of brush it off as a joke saying that if he stopped buying weed he'd have a place of his own. I'm not the kind of person to force anyone to change but I'm just concerned for him. His been through a lot in regards with family and is always depressed and has anxiety (which are the after effects of weed but he doesn't believe me); Ugh just when I think I meet someone decent - nope!

Most Helpful Girl

• Walk away. His aspirations are perfectly fine--for him. Trust me, you do not want to end up living in a van.

• I'd never live in a van - ever. I know a couple of other people in his situation and they have just got use to it over a long period of time so that makes it "good enough for them". I know he can do so much better...

What Guys Said 3

• Is this him?

i302.photobucket.com/.../crackhead.jpg

He's wasting his life. You are not his social worker.

• So basically... Shaggy Rogers? :v (What? they just hide the weed off camera)
    Look, don't waist your time... walk away... it's not worth it...

• No don't tell me shaggy rogers actually did weed :P Anyway yeah; I would walk away but he keeps coming back lol

• Here I thought women love taking care of men. Well take care of him damnit.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't put too much effort into this guy. He sounds like someone who doesn't want to take life seriously and live as a vagabond for as long as he can get away with it. He'll never be stable unless he gets off his butt and puts in the work to try and get there. He sounds like the type that would use and live with whatever friends he could until they got tired of him and kicked him out. I don't see how you'd be any different. I know it's in our nature to want to nurture and coddle the men we adore but he needs to grow up and learn to be a man. You're not his mother.

• Sorry anyone who uses pot doesn't change, move on in my opinion. You can do so much better.

• All the guys I end up meeting are either negative about life, excessive drinkers/potheads or they are narcissistic. Can never find a good guy for once!

• He could be using the money he makes to save up for a place but instead he's using it on pot...