Would you date a girl a little bigger than what you normally go for?

And then hold it against her if she doesn't eventually lose weight to be the size you initially desired?

• Yes
  • No
Like I mean size 10-12

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm guessing a size 10-12 in pants? Doesn't seem big at all. Anyways everyone's different. If she says she'll lose weight and that's what's to be expected then I would hold it against them for health and attraction

• Yes in pant sizes. Well nobody looks at me and goes... omg she's big. But nobody says you're skinny either. :P I fall right inbetween. And his type is tiny petite women. I'm 5'4 and not tiny... but I did promise to work on it and well I haven't successfully managed to..
      He says he doesn't care but lectures me about it invariably everytime we meet..

• Yeah he thinks i'm not trying hard enough... which is true by his standards since he works out 6 days a week for 2 hours. I work out 3-4 times a week for 40-60 mins. But i'm a clean eater so I think I balance it out. However he doesn't agree. Physical appearence is a major priority to him. So im not sure if i'm in the wrong or he is?
      He knew what I looked like when he met me... liking me for my "potential" is what's upsetting me I guess. I think if im not at the size he desires... he may want to leave.

• You seem to be living different lives, which is fine but I don't think you are compatable on that front. Maybe there's a compromise? :/

What Guys Said 17

• Depends on her face but probably not.

From what I've heard, girls put more effort into their appearance when they are single and become LESS motivated to improve their appearance when they are in a relationship. Lots even GAIN weight when they are in a relationship. So if she's already outside my preference when I start dating her, things are probably only going to get worse, not better.

• I prefer curvy girls to begin with, but there is definitely a point of being too big aka fat and obese.

• Na, I just wouldn't date her in the first place. Getting with someone and trying to change them ain't right.

• I have no clue what size 10-12 is, but I've been attracted to girls who usually aren't my type in terms of body. But nothing too much

• I'll go for anyone.

• No, I date people based on liking them the way they look now.

• I've dated women of different shapes and sizes.

• You're poll is flawed. The headline question asks whether I'd go for a girl bigger than I normally go for? I would. The second one asks whether I'd hold that against her? I wouldn't.

• No, I would never date that girl lol

• If u mean fat then no lol

• Yes, but no morbid obesity.

• I probably got into the relationship thinking that she would be twice as good looking if she lost weight, but if during the relationship she was unhealthy and didn't care, that would impact the realationship.

• No. I like what is portrait in the media. Petite and have a 6 pack of beers rdy for meh in bedtime 👙😘

• Yeah I got no problem with that

• I work out 3x a week, am lean, muscular, eat healthily and believe the body is a temple that we must continually build up and make stronger... take a guess...

• If by bigger you mean taller - yes. But if you mean fat - No.

• Depends how big

What Girls Said 3

• That's the biggest struggle of losing weight and getting in shape.

New people don't realize how big and unhealthy you were before, so if you're not yet at a great place they still view you as someone who isn't taking care of your body.

People who have been in your life are so far gone from even being remotely interested in you and even if they were, you yourself probably wouldn't go for it because you would consistently be thinking about how they wouldn't touch you with a 10ft pole before you got in better shape.

Legit the whole reason I disclaim to dudes I start talking to now that I'm in process of getting into better shape. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I feel like it's a necessity

• Yes to the first question (if it's a guy). No to the second one.

• Also, it depends on the size. Wearing size 10-12 pants isn't a big deal. I wear 9/10 and that's because I like pants to be big on me. The limit would be if the guy is OBESE. Overweight? I'm fine with that. But if they are unable to look down and see the top of their thighs, they're too big.

• Well I wear 10-12 because that's what fits me :P. But i'm trying to get down to a size 8. However his preference is someone a size 4. That's intimidating. Im not sure if I can ever be that... to be that id have to lose like 20 pounds..

• If he won't accept you for how you look now, that's his problem, and you should find someone else.

• If he does, he's a jackass. He should like her what who she is. Not who he wants her to be