Every girl I like ends up being older than me?

I'm 16. I'm having bad luck with girls. Most girls don't show any signs of attraction. There's this one girl I think is cute. I've smiled at her a couple times and she smiled back. Turns out, she's 18. I've haven't seen her in a while so when I see her again I'm not sure if I should flirt or not. There is another girl I think is cute, but I asked someone about her and she's 18 too. What should I do? It's safe to assume they won't want to date a 16 y/o right? Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls tend not to pick guys younger than them for a number of good reasons. Some occasionally do. They're 18 and "legal" and might be turned off to the idea of messing around with a minor. You can try but don't get your hopes up.

Most Helpful Guy

• the age diff is often more of an issue when its a younger guy wanting an older girl. you don't really have the experience or money an 18 or 19 year old guy has. that being said might still be some girls who would date you but not as many if you were same age or older than them

What Girls Said 1

• That happened a lot actually, I think it's all about personality but honestly I would have stayed away from guys younger then 18 especially when I was out of high school. They're cute, but not what I had been looking for. Also there could be legal implications of becoming sexual with a guy younger at that age. In some places 16 and 18 is too much of an age difference, on the threshold of being at the age of consent. I know of those who have gotten in trouble with the law even at your age.

What Guys Said 5

• The attraction to the older people is real. In my case i used to (and sometimes still do) keep my age a secret. Play it right and the question never comes up.

• That's the story of my life too. I always attracted to older girls when I was a young teenager. I think most won't date a 16 year old but there was this one girl at my school who was a senior and dated a sophomore. You should just be confident and approach her. Don't let her age stop you from flirting,

• You are young. It turns out that most of the planet is older than you. Come back in... 34 years.

• It's possible. Just act more mature than your age

• You must just appreciate the fully developed female form, for whatever reason it may be (which is pretty natural tbh). No harm in trying I suppose but I imagine you'll find things a lot easier when you get to 18 yourself.