Do you think you can date a mute person?

I would because I don't like small talk, nor talking in general😊 I'm more of a man of action than words

Oh poop I should have added a poll 😥

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol but you do realise that mute people actually do talk as well? They just don't use their voice but their hands for it.

• I. didn't know😂all I think is that they're people who can't talk

• No lol I meant they're voice

• Why does it matter?
      If someone is actually talking to you or constantly giving you intense looks while gesticulating wildly.. Pretty much the same thang.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• I dated someone who was mute and we had a very pleasant relationship. We actually had to work harder to get to know each other and became closer because of it.

• Well yes but only if I knew sign language, otherwise how am I supposed to get to know them? I would also be super worried about their well being. If somethings going on they can't scream for help so that would keep me on edge as their partner.

• never thought about that tbh :/

• I dont think its a good idea , words also have a powerful impact on the relationship you need to discuss everything with each other to find someone to talk to just to feel safe, a mute person would not make you feel safe and you won't be able to understand him well so i think a great balance between talking and actions would make a good relationship

• Yes, and fairly easily.

• I can, my daughters and nieces are all mute ( they can hear, but cannot talk).

• I couldn't.
    I like super chatty dates and am not prepared to learn sign language.

• I totally could

• Yeah why not?

• I wouldn't, no.

• Sure :)

• Not sure. As long as he can communicate in another way, then yes.

• Sure.

• no, never

• Hmm. I probably agree along with your thinking, that actions speak louder than words. Even if I end up rambling my tongue off, even if they just smile at me, it'll be okay. Sometimes I feel bad about talking too much though :P
    I don't know sign language however, so actual communication of information may be hard (unless they write/type it down).

• I think that you can just write down stuff to get to know each other then, as time goes bye, the mute thing won't matter anymore😊

What Guys Said 7

• Bring ur phone and text along the way if she/he needs to. Actions speak louder than words and i realize people with unfortunate life are more sensitive, compassionate and have a heart of gold that normal people wouldn't cuz they dunno the pain and sufferings that people exp. so if i like that person, i would go for it with no hesitation 👌🏼

• No I would not

• I know sign so yes.

• I could date a mute

• Yes, I'm not much of a talker anyway.

• I could try.

• Isn't that the ideal situation?