Would you get angry at this kind of rejection?

Lets say the person is under your league , showed interest in you, single, however refused to go out with you when you asked?

• yes
  • no
its a general question, not about me.

Most Helpful Girl

• No not angry, but confused and disappointed. It happened to recently. A guy showed interest in me, asked me out on a date and then rejected me on the 3rd date. I was a bit mad because he wasted my time, but how was I supposed to know, right? He's just an immature dickhead, it's his loss and I dodged the bullet.

• But at least you got to 3 dates. This tells you he at least found you attractive and liked your personality somewhat. It means you won't have much difficulty finding another guy like him who does still want you after the 3rd date.

Most of the time (at least with guys) rejection happens before the 1st date and you're left with the knowledge you had no shot at all and might have to lower your standards in general.

• @JohnDoe3000 No I prefer a rejecting before the first date. Because then it's almost impossible to develop any feelings and rejection won't matter. But 3 dates is enough to develop feelings and hope. Not to mention that HE was the one initiating them and acting like a prince charming who's crazy about me every time we would see each other. Of course I would fall for him. Well he didn't even kiss me or hugged, just rejected me with a "I would like us to be friends" card when I tried to kiss him. Seriously, I was never led on like that, just what the fuck was he thinking? And also he was the one to ask for a date, so of course I was confused as hell in the end. But I guess it's just about HOW someone is rejecting you. This just wasn't the right way. I was rejected before and no hard feelings, but this was different.

• yes, why do people lead you on so hard and not want anything else. I had a chick do every little thing gfs do and on the third date she said she didn't want a relationship. In total we spent at least 38 hours together. I feel your pain haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be confused as to why they showed interest if they were gonna reject me. But anger? No.

What Girls Said 16

• Any type of rejection is painful. Regardless of who's rejected you. It makes you feel unwanted and unlovable. It can lower your self-worth.

• "It can lower your self-worth. " only if you let it, which you shouldn't.

• @crazy_eyes

It's a nautual reaction for most people when they face rejection. People can't stop feeling the pain of rejection. It's not something they can control. There's no switch to turn off your emotions. People react to their negative emotions. It's how we are made. It's over time that people gain back their self-worth. You can't just tell someone who faces rejection that " they shouldn't allow it to affect them "it's a cold response and insensitive The best thing to do is help them regain it back again

• I don't know i'd be confused

• it might hurt my feelings but i wouldn't be ANGRY. maybe he has a girlfriend or likes someone else, or is insecure. i dont feel entitled to the attention of every man i like.

• Under your league? By who's terms? I don't think anyone is under my league.

If someone who showed interest rejects me I wouldn't be angry, more confused than anything.

• Happened to me once... I suppose it's my fault because I just saw something that wasn't really there. That's why I never trust myself about being objective when it comes to someone I like or am attracted to. Feelings, even the minor crush or attraction ones, distort my judgement and it's always best to seek advice from someone who is 100% detached from the situation and is able to see things as they are. This rarely includes friends and/or family, because 95% of the time they'll tell you that this guy/girl is interested in you whether it's the reality or not.

• And no, I wouldn't be angry, I would be angry at myself because I let my feelings cloud my judgement.

• Why would I ask them if they were below me in terms of looks in the first place? Like why approach them when they are not physically attractive?

• I might be disappointed, but I would have no reason to be angry.

• ... Or maybe you just misread the situation and saw things that weren't there. This is why I hate being nice and friendly to guys.

• People can't help what they like and what they don't like.
    If they ain't attracted to you, it ain't your fault... Not theirs either!

• If I am viewing them as "under my league" then they should absolutely reject me.

Who would want to be with someone who looks at them like that? I wouldn't and I wouldn't want to do that to someone else. No one wants to be someone elses "safe bet". I think it would be best if you stopped looking at people by league and just got out there and want after what you want... what you really want, the person that you are really into not just the people you think will or 'should' say yes.

• No one should be angry over a rejection, no matter from who. Rejection is a part of life. Learn to face it and move on.

• No I don't think I'd feel angry. Just confused I guess unless it seemed very clear that our differences were the reason. If that's the case, I could understand though maybe feel a bit disappointed for a while. Some incompatibilities do feel like red flags not worth pursuing.

• His loss.

• I'd be confused, not angry

• Nah life is to short. Rejection is rejection. No point in dwelling in it.

• I wouldn't be angry just confused.
    Also I wouldn't care because they're much uglier. They just lost a chance so it's their loss.

What Guys Said 7

• I think there are a few problems with this question.
    someone "under your league" is subjective... and secondly, I its possible that you may have misjudged any "Interest" they might have shown, and thirdly just because someone is under your league, that doesn't mean they have to be attracted to you.

• The first thing, no one is in out or under your league.

It sounds to me, like you are upset that a girl you think as below you. Had the nerve to turn you down for a date, she probable turned you down because you came across as condescending.

She may have shown interest, but you probably came across like you were doing her a favor by asking her out.

But you should not be angry at her turning you down, if she did it in a polite way.

• Disappointed, not angry.

• I'm sure they have their reasons.
    Come up with any excuses on their behalf on why they rejected you before you get upset with them.
    Maybe they were scared for various reasons.

• No people can reject me all they want for whatever reason, i don't care

• I get angry at all types of rejection, because it's a form of losing.

• Haha naw