Can a girl ask a guy on a date?

I'm really attracted to this guy and would like to ask him on a date. I'm 15 and he's 17. I want to ask him to the movies and to get ice cream afterwards. Can a girl ask a guy on a date or would that be weird? How can I make it as subtle as possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think absolutely, and with the way society is progressing these days with equality as a goal, I think more girls should do this when they like a guy instead of waiting for him to make a move.

It's so easy to ask someone out if you don't think of it as a romantic proposal but just asking them to hang out. "Hey, want to go for some ice cream after school?" Done -- no big deal. You can even pop the question in the middle of a friendly conversation, makes it easier.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not? If you like him and he likes you back who says you can't ask him out? If someone says anything to you about it tell them to mind their own business! I wouldn't be together with my guy if I hadn't let him know I wanted to go out with him. There's nothing wrong with a girl being an aggressor now and then, some guys like a girl who knows what she wants and how to get it. Lots of girls ask guys out on dates.

Don't go for subtle, if you want to go out with him just get to the point, ask him out. Yah, it's going to be a bit embarassing, guys go through it all the time when they ask a girl out. Talk to him first, then when you're comfortable with him ask him when the timing is right. You'll know.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• yes, ask him to join you, and friends. don't tell him you're double dating it up. =)

What Girls Said 3

• I think 15 is too young to date 🙊 But I'd say either way not to ask him out because guys his age aren't usually mature enough to appreciate when a girl makes the first move.
    That's just my opinion though.

• Yes, totally normal, don't hesitate

• I don't see why you couldn't. I would just say something like, "Hey, I think this movie looks cool. Want to see it with me?" Good luck!