What to do when girls think you are interested but you are not?

the title says it all. nothing is more annoying when you are casually talking with a girl and she thinks you want her but you dont. like some girls assume you want them just because you talk to them. i must be doing something wrong then? but i dont know what.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're probably not doing anything wrong. This reminds me of the movie He's Just Not That Into You lol. And I tend to have the same problem. I'm nice and once you get me talking about something interesting I never shut up. That is often confused with "push me up against the wall now" and has gotten me into some terribly awkward situations. I think it's just the ladies getting too excited because we are often told things like "guys and girls can't be friends", being nice MUST be flirting and so on.

• maybe i tease them too much could that be it?

• Probably part of it. But some girls over analyze everything and make things into more than they are. I wouldn't change you just to stop them from getting the wrong idea.

• yeah i understand.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• To be fair, a lot of guys only talk to girls who they're romantically (or sexually) interested in. If you don't want to lead a girl on, keep on keeping it casual.

• Just slip into the conversation that you have a girlfriend, so they stop thinking that... Or act the same way with another girl next to her so she knows that's how you talk to everyone...

• they are kind of friends of friends and they know i dont have girlfriend.

• Then do the other thing. When talking to them all together just converse in the same way with all of them. Either you're shy and reserved so you slightly avoid eye contact which makes them think you like one of them or you're charming and outgoing so when you talk to them it's easy and effortless so they think that's some kind of chemistry. o. O

• Just talk to her without taking any step further. Or ignore her

What Guys Said 1

• The interesting question for me in here is whether they do it because they want to be wanted or just feel reasonably annoyed by that.