How come I've never been asked out before?

Lol I'm damn near 20 years old and basically been called beautiful/pretty My whole life yet I've only had one boyfriend which was a total asshole and we basically was just introduced by friends but he didn't actually ask me out. I've never been asked out by a guy before, never even been on a date and I'm a little embarrassed/ashamed to admit that. why do I constantly get stared at, told I'm beautiful, yet never been asked out or on a date with a guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• because guys dont normally ask girls out, guys risk rejection way more than a girl, so most guys expect the girl to approach and make the moves, especially if a girl is beautiful (like most are) girls are the ones who decide on who she wants when she wants, because their beauty prevents rejection, guys dont have that luxury.
    so when you see a guy looking at you (checking you out) thats when the girl is supposed to respond and approach, that is if you like him too.
    or if you (a girl) like a guy and is crushing, you have to approach, you have to tell him how you feel. and you have to tell and let the guy know what you want, simple as that
    so girls out there listen up, quit this "guys have to approach and do the asking and have to do everything" bullshit, because it doesn't work that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not about your looks. You have to be somebody a guy can invest in a relationship with. It also depends on how you want to be approached and what are your goals and intentions for a relationship. You have to know before you seek one. Another thing is to only be ready to talk when you feel comfortable. If your not comfortable to be approached then they won't try to talk to you. Some prefer to just look even if you do smile or never look busy. Change the environment your in. Remember that if you don't feel safe you don't need to respond as you have no idea what their true intentions are with you. You can't trust everybody just because they look 'cute/hot'.

What Guys Said 11

• in some cases, especially at that age, "beautiful" girls can be intimidating to guys around that age. Also, do you put yourself out there, communicate with guys, show you are funny, can hold a conversation, and not some corner-hiding, attitude showing recluse.
    If worst case comes to the worst, im pretty sure you have a guy you like or are interested in, why not ask them out. It shows initiative, a strong like factor for guys.

• How do i make myself not intimidating

• by "put yourself out there, communicate with guys, show you are funny, can hold a conversation"
      most guys won't approach you, so do the approaching, be funny, be chill and before you know it, some, if not many guys will start to like not just your "beauty" but you as a person, and since they are comfortable around you because you have talked with them a lot of times, will have no problem asking you out. it takes effort on both ends... no one just swings a magic wand or clicks their heels.

• Because you never approach guys yourself. You also probably seem unapproachable to them. Just see how many of the following questions you can answer with a yes:

- while in public do you walk around with headphones/earplugs in?

- do you stare at your phone a lot?

- do you look down at the ground/into the distance a lot?

- do you have a RBF (bitchy resting face)?

- do you forget to smile at guys who look at you?

- do you often stand with your arms and legs crossed, or do you curl up when you sit or do you turn your body away from people?

-

• It's difficult to say, but it could just be that the right guy hasn't come along yet! It's not necessarily something wrong with you, you could be beautiful, smart, funny, caring and just everyone else is stupid!! You seem nice enough, I'm sure if I were around you sometime I'd consider you a catch!!

• Maybe you're not as beautiful as you think OP

• They could think you're too pretty/beautiful, maybe they put you up on a pedestal and see you as some unreachable object

• Either fear or you're ugly. In the worst case, fear BECAUSE you're ugly.

• Maybe because you are too hot.

• Do you look unapproachable and/or have rbf? If so that could be a reason.

• Possibly who knows

• Well, if you want to look approachable and attract more people, smiling and giving off a friendly vibe works, but if your really good looking then I can understand why since a lot of guys are afraid of really good looking women.

• Hay BOOTYFUL, think we could happen? 🌹😚

• Why is it the guy has to ask you out?

• because he's the man lol

• If you expect every girl to make the first move, honey, best of luck. That's not how the world works.

• @babylips14 i make the first move im just saying it doesn't allways have to be that way

• No one asked me out either. I don't know why.

What Girls Said 6

• You are probably intimidating. But I mean that in a good way! Guys feel like they don't have a chance with you because you are out of their league - try being more flirty and obvious with the ones you are interested in. Guys aren't good at reading subtle hints and if you make it obvious that you would say yes then they will be more likely to ask you out

• Maybe it's the vibe you're giving off or you don't look approachable. Beauty doesn't mean that someone is going to talk to you.

• What kind of vibe, can you explain

• Maybe you have the rbf.

• Not everything is based on someones looks. Personality matters a lot too, unless that person is just in it for your beauty/body. Some people at the age of 20 has never dated, so it's really nothing to be embarrassed about, but if you're that desperate for a boyfriend, try online dating or make the first moves.

• I'm on the same boat.

• I'm in the same situation!