What do you guys think about dating someone you met online?

dating someone who asked you out over myspace/facebook/etc. and you've never met before, don't have any friends in common or anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never dated anyone that I met in that way because I didn't get myspace/facebook/etc. until I was already married and my husband doesn't like me dating. ;-) I'm kidding on that last part of course, lol. But I have met in real life a couple people that I met online. One was a female friend I made online and I met her at the mall because females can be crazy stalkers too, lol. The other I met in a public situation as well.

Back when I was single I met in real life one guy that I met online in a chat room. We didn't exactly "date". more like a one night stand, lol. But that's all I wanted at the time and him too. We met at a guy friend's house. I know my guy friend would have my back if the guy was a creep or just plain ugly or something, lol.

Just be REALLY careful. Internet or not, there are plenty of creeps and jerks out there along with the regular guys.

What Guys Said 1

• Uhm, it happens all the time? It's 2008. I don't think it's an issue. Just take it slow. Don't worry; you can meet crazies out on the street too.

What Girls Said 2

• I've done it well we never dated but we did meet of course I dragged my friend with me just in case anything happens so we both can help each other out! But never turned it into a relationship cause apparently I screwed it up by opening my big mouth and showing my negative side! It is great though to meet people from somewhere else different entirely! It's interesting but you have to be careful so good luck!

• It happens, there's nothing wrong with it. I met this guy on myspace and I met him in person recently and he's actually quite cool. We are the best of friends now.