Even after a year, if he's not in love with you... is it time to let him go?

We've been together for a year but he hasn't explicitly told me that he loves me yet. I already tried telling him I did a little while ago but he wasn't ready to hear it. Also he isn't emotionally available. Because he never seems to talk about his feelings or how he feels about me, with me. Rarely ever compliments etc. But at the same time can't keep his hands off of me. :/ I'm confused. What is this to him?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• there's a Psychology hypothesis that states, as much as we would like people to do what we want them to do. We can't truly change another person. All we can do is change ourselves in hope that the people or person around us wants to please us by behaving in manner that we appreciate. Obviously people manipulate, deceive, and use various tactics to control others. The changing yourself idea is meant for much more positive relationships, which i believe will benefit so much more in the long run. Im not saying be a pushover or let anyone take advantage of you. The changes have to be well thought and executed with extreme consistency with an emphasis on attention to detail. You also have to be knowledgeable about your subjects. You have to pay attention to them and understand when they genuinely like and dislike.

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband and I have known each other literally all of our school age lives and we started dating after we graduated highschool, after about 9 months of dating we knew that we'd be together till we die so we both told eachother we love you almost at the same time. We've been married for 10 years and together for 14 total so if your guy doesn't even want to talk about the mushy stuff I'd get rid of him, after a yr and he's still not ready to even talk about love but wants a physical relationship with you. Red flags sister.

What Guys Said 2

• Dont be self centered. Some guy are reserved. He might not trust u yet or whatever the reason is. What is emotionally available? doesn't action speak louder than words? But why u keep on talking about love and compliments. For some guys (me included), words mean nothing if u can't back it up. Dont expect love to come to u. U need to give back too. have u give back the love he deserve (or not deserve). Explicit means nothing, word means nothing, action is everything :)

• sounds exactly like me. I never give compliments unless they really deserve it, and I never open up to anybody. I dont think its a lack of love, or caring, but he just dosnt trust you yet, and thats something that takes a long time. maybe he's afraid that ur gonna tell someone if he opens up. (women are known to gossip).

What Girls Said 2

• It could be that by voicing his emotions/hearing yours makes what you have more fragile and vulnerable. Don't confuse emotionally unavailable with emotionless. If he is reserved when it comes voicing his feelings, look at his actions. Chances are, he's telling you the things you want to hear with his actions. He can't voice that he wants you, so instead, he can't keep his hands off you. Make any sense?

• If your goal is to find someone to settle down with, you have to approach your relationship with long-term goals in mind. I'm not going to tell you how long you should wait or anything but you can only wait for so long otherwise it's just a waste of your time. Lots of guys like to "play" house but never intend to settle down. How long you want to play with him is up to you.