So, his mum said 'she's not worth burning the candle at both ends'?

Been seeing this guy lately. Stayed at his house a few times. Not slept together. Recently we've had a few late nights and his mum said to him 'she's not worth burning the candle at both ends' which automatically made me think, she dislikes me and that she doesn't see me having a future with him.

So, yeah, do you think she's taken a dislike to me?

• She dislikes you
  • Don't take this to heart
  • She's trying to put him off of you
  • Other

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think there's any way to see this other than as a huge negative.

• I know, right? To be fair he was up for work early the next day but I thought this was kinda harsh :/

• It isn't necessarily over. Don't do any late nights for awhile and plan some event that includes his mother. She probably doesn't want any girl stealing her little boy's attention. . . but if you include her in some activities, she may not perceive you as a threat.

• She strongly dislikes you.

What Girls Said 1

• Using the phrase "isn't worth " Is a very negative remark, but I guess you have to think about how she treats you on a whole. What's she usually like with you, and has she said anything similar before.

Some people say flippant comments , and don't grasp the real meaning behind what they've said. So I wouldn't assume she dislikes you by one remark.