If you're in a wheelchair, would you still wanna go to the beach?

My girlfriend and I wanna go on vacation together next month, I thought about going to the beach but I'm not sure how she'd feel about it. How do most feel about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• absolutely. i can't stay away from the beach for too long. honey, a lot of girls are very iffy when it comes to a man with a type of sickness, disability or anything else deemed "different". your girlfriend is an exception to that, and that alone should make u smile everyday. go to the beach. have fun.

• Actually, she's the one with a wheelchair.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry that I don't know you, and my best friend, too! We could build you some super-sand tank tracks for your chair!!! I would assume she is mostly going to be concerned about how you will negotiate the sand, as wheels, especially thin, wheel-chair wheels, don't do well in porous, shifting media, like beach sand!
    Instead of the chair, maybe try something like a little snow sled, one of those sled/disk things, maybe, that you could sit on, and she could pull you out, or maybe you could move yourself on the right kind of 'sled'.
    Have you researched it online, to see if there are ready-made things that could help you have a good time, and reduce her anxiety?
    I'm thinking maybe she has some anxiety about it, so you should talk with her, about how she feels about being out, in the sand, and maybe the water, if you haven't already.
    Are you OK being in the water, with someone with you?
    It could totally work!! You should totally do it, but make sure she is OK, and understands, and you are more than safe so she doesn't worry!!

What Girls Said 7

• If I was in a wheelchair I'd still want to be be asked, and given the opportunityy to go or not. Just ask her.

• Ask her, not random strangers on the internet.

• Even if I was in a wheelchair, I would still want to go to the beach.

• Yes, certainly. She won't want to miss out. Do ask her.

Yes, sand and wheels don't mix but where there's a will there's a way.

• I think it's hard to move in a wheel chair through sand.

• Yes, I would. I'm in love with a guy in a wheelchair and I'd want to do everything with him but he doesn't want to be in a serious relationship. He's gone, I miss him so much. Sorry this is your question. Yes and yes, make her feel like the only girl on the beach

• I dunno... while the sand not get in the way of wheels? Like the wheels might keep sinking in and not be able to roll properly?

What Guys Said 12

• Ask her! You have to be able to talk openly and honestly with her.

Maybe she wants to go for a swim?

• I will, it's just I can't right now.

• No because have you tried using a wheel on the beech? Maybe if i had some offroading wheels and a water resistant chair, hell if i had that id go ride it in the water, you can still have fun on the beach in a wheel chair, provided you dont get stuck in loose sand without help. You can do a lot in a wheel chair, years ago people didn't believe you could play basketball or lacross or soccer etc.. In a wheel chair, now there are actual teams that go out there and compete in wheel chairs and kick ass while doing it, your only limited to your imagination and know how

• I'm in a wheelchair and I always go to the beach. A business in the local coastal city rents out beach wheelchairs for a few hours for free, they're great and allow me to have fun in the sand. They're made out of PVC pipe for the frame and balloon tires for the wheels. Look them up on the internet if you dont know what I'm talking about. :)

• Do they actually work?

• Nice, and you just rent them? I've never seen them before

• Yeah, the business made the chairs and requires you to give ID or a credit card for damages but they don't charge anything in order to use it. I'll try and get a picture of it for you if I go to the beach anytime soon. Keep in touch :)

• Ask her to be sure. My ex wasn't in a wheelchair but was disabled and we went to the beach once. She didn't want to sit on the beach or anything, we just drove around but she wanted to go.

• Who's in the wheelchair between yourself and your girl? Me personally? It depends on where exactly on the beach we are going and if the wheelchair is beach-tolerant. Most likely, probably not. But I could change my mind.

• My girl

• I'd ask her if she wants to go. If you're willing to help her have a good time by almost all means, let her know that.

• Certainly. However, I am painfully aware that beaches are not at all wheelchair friendly.

• Yes I would go know why? Coz fuck people if they are gonna mess with your happiness

• I've seen many people in wheelchairs on the beach

• Nope, bad idea. Tried it once, I can't swim due to my paraplegia so all i got to do was bake in the sun and watch everyone else have fun. the only vacation I enjoyed in my wheelchair was the smithsonian.

• Plus if you think you're going anywhere fast rolling through sand, think again😰

• I wouldn't assume that. I'm in the same boat, and while I couldn't swim I still had fun with my friends, and I got a good tan out of it. So do ask.

• Sure.

• there wouldn't be a point you can't do anything

• Yea l would because when u get into the water u feel free. And it s what l need.