Would you settle?

Most people like to imagine their ideal partner. Some people may be fortunate enough to be with that partner already. If you aren't, then would you settle on a partner who had most, but not all of the traits (physically or mentally) you desire in a relationship?

• Yes
  • Yes, but at a bare minimum, they should be. . . (list essential traits)
  • Only if I had no choice
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I could settle for some minor factors such as appearance, religion or wealth. But NEVER major ones, like l won't want to date divorced/separated guys, guys with children, or guy don't like dogs.

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to put "other". Almost every woman I dated deviated in some subtle way from what I *thought* was ideal. Yet in falling for her, I often found that my idea of the ideal woman didn't align with the real deal.

Often my ideals end up being affected with each woman I date. For example, I never liked small breasts until I dated a woman with one. Now they're my favorite, and my ideal woman now has small breasts.

• In the case of the small breasts (huge eye-opener for me), the women I dated before all had medium to large breasts. When I dated the girl with small breasts, I found the smaller ones to be amazing: deeper hugs, closer missionary, lotus, and still perfectly nice to grab.

So it actually changed my ideals -- my ideals were wrong when I thought I liked girls with bigger boobs.

• I guess, put simply, a lot of us form ideals based on what we fantasize is the perfect partner -- it's based on imagination more than experience. Experience tends to change change/tweak our ideals.

What Girls Said 5

• I couldn't just settle for any guy. I can be happy being single , but I could never be in a relationship with a guy who I didn't really want to be with.

I' ll take waiting over settling

• No, I would be happy if I am single forever because then I can build my empire and go on trips to wherever and whenever I want. If there ever comes a time when I need another human being to make me happy, I need to rethink my life.

• No. I don't feel like anyone shoukd settle.

• No. If I don't truly love the guy, I wouldn't put him through that and settle for him. That's not fair to him.

• Nope; it's my boyfriend or no-one :) . Before we were together I felt that way too; I love him, and without him I was ready to become a cat lady haha (not that I also don't want us to have cats as a couple lol)

What Guys Said 8

• There's always going to have to be compromises. You just need to ask yourself if the person is worth it or not.

• Everyone in life settles for someone. In a world with this many people, your living ideal match (which also limits) is probably somewhere far away and speaks another language, you'll never meet them. It's impossible to have the exact perfect person and everyone has to make due to an extent.

• I'm sure I would if push came to shove... i think most would.

• It depends on what you mean by settle. If someone is just what you want but doesn't have your ideal eye color, you are an idiot if you reject them. The question is too broad as stated.

• Nope, I've worked my ass off to be the best that I can be in things I can control to have to settle. I may be short as fuck with average looks, but I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than have to settle.

• I'm willing to settle, but there are things she cannot be that I wouldn't consider allowing.

• I settle too many times. No mas !

• I'd be fine as long as we have open communication & comfort. If I could just open up to her and she has average looks. I'd be fine.
    That's why I'm still single. You can find looks but flawless communication and comfort is hard to find.