Parents pressuring me to get a boyfriend?

Im at a point in my life where I what to focus on building a career and am trying to get a job in a new city. Iv'e never had a boyfriend by choice because I think relationships are messy and I want to keep my freedom to travel and build a life before I invite someone into it. My parents have been pressuring me to get a boyfriend and won't stop mentioning it. They start asking me questions like, 'when are you gonna get a boyfriend?',' have you ever watched a porno?' they tolled me that I should got to the pub and chat up some guys. When I tolled them 'why would I do that if I'm not interested in a relationship?', they basically implied that I should just go out and fuck some random guy. Why are they acting like this? And how should I deal with it because its starting to drive me insane?

Most Helpful Guy

• don't do it if you don't want to. Not everybody wants a relationship and that's totally ok. it's a little sad that your parent want to pressure you to have a boyfriend because they feel it is a must. the important thing is that you are happy. say clear to him, that their wish that you should have a boyfriend doesn't mean it is yours. And if you follow their pressure, your life would be worse not better. And what's the point? Having a man because you aren't a valuable person without? Just ask them why it is so important. And don't let them get away with "that's what people do"

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• i can say that i can "relate" to what you're going through... lately i've been getting people trying to arrange relationship/marriage for me.. but am not interested... and my relatives "jokingly" tell me "jokes" to get a husband... well get your place or travel for a bit to change your mind..