Is dating your ex's friend wrong?

Not to get at your ex but you truly want to date their friend because you feel you would be better suited to date them as oppose to your ex.

Most Helpful Girl

• As you said it yourself, once a relationship has ended you are free to do whatever. If you feel good with your ex's friend, then be with her. Maybe she is your "the one and only". You should care only about your own happiness.
    And by the way, your exs friend should worry about this situation, not you, if she is going to be in a relationship with you.

What Girls Said 4

• The 'Ex's Friend' may feel it just would Not... Be Better suited to date because it is a Pinkie Swear thing.
    If She is a true friend of the Ex, she will say "No" to Joe Because she Knows that Friendships will usually Last Longer than a Shot in the Dark with Someone whom the Ex had problems with to Begin with.
    Good luck. xx

• Would you want the drama and the issues that could come with that? Also, would her friend even date you? If she is a loyal friend she would never even consider it. There are a lot of girls out there, go find one that is not friends with your ex, that is just a sloppy situation.

• You're right, but I was friends with my ex's friend before I dated my ex.
      My ex is the one that broke up with me and our mutual friend helped me cope with the break up. She was just as confused as me when my ex called it quits.

• Its wrong in my eyes regardless of why you do it.

• Kinda yes. Your ex will hate you even more and will be happy that she is no longer with you. But if you don't care about that and u have something speshul going on with that girl... then I guess go for it. She can't be a true friend anyways if she gives you a green light. Heck most women make shitty friends. You do you.

What Guys Said 2

• If it's over, then it's over. I don't understand why people don't like it, once the relationship ends people are free to date whoever they want. I think that getting angry because of such a thing childish and it shows that the offended part didn't move on yet.

• huh not to me its not.. it might become awkward at times but i say go for it man