Girls, would you look down on a guy if you found out he'd had hair transplant surgery?

My hairline started to recede right after I graduated high school, and it's really bothered me ever since I first noticed it. I got really self conscious about it to the point that I've done other things to try to compensate for the loss of hair. I lift weights 6 days a week and have gained almost 40 pounds of muscle in the last 4 years, hoping that having a better body would help my confidence. But it hasn't really helped.

I haven't had a girlfriend or dated much in the past 2 years. Female friends have even asked me why I don't date, and I always make up some excuse like I'm not ready or haven't found the right girl. I want to get hair surgery to correct the loss of hair I've had. I have the money and I'm willing to do it, but I'm worried that girls will look down on me when they find out.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't look down on him at all. Lot of girls have cosmetic surgery to improve their dating and job prospects, and I see nothing wrong with it. The reality is that people who are more attractive get more opportunities in life. We get more job offers, more attention, and more chances for sex and mating. So do what you have to do.

In a way I actually admire guys who take the initiative to do things to overcome their flaws like you have. Too many guys just sit and complain that girls don't like their flaws rather than trying to do something about them. You were losing your hair, so you gained muscle and got big. That's very admirable, because boys sit and bitch, and men find a way to overcome and get their needs met.

So get your hair fixed and never apologize for it. The self-confidence (and pussy lol) you'll get from it will be worth it.

• Do you think that muscle can compensate for a guy losing his hair, like would you be attracted to a muscular guy who was bald?

• Yes, muscle can totally compensate, especially if the guy is lean and has confidence. That's the thing you need to work on, projecting confidence in yourself to the girls you want.

• I meant to add, it's great that you've gotten yourself muscular because muscle is a symbol that shows that the guy is strong and values himself. I totally respect men who work hard to make themselves better and get themselves laid.

What Girls Said 12

• Can only speak for me, but nope. I wouldn't care either way. Bald or hair transplant, wouldn't matter.

• Just be yourself. That is what I always say. Your receding hair shouldn't stop you from living your life. If you so upset and miserable about it, no one will be attracted to you anyway if your not confident and happy. Don't let other women judge and determine if your worth it. You have to worth it to yourself regardless, otherwise it will hold you back in your career life too.

• So does that mean you wouldn't look down on a guy for having the surgery?

• I hate wigs. And I wouldn't wear it just because it isn't pleasing other people. When my late mother ended up with cancer, she hadid a wig for a while and decided to be confident without it. She knew she was beautiful without it and she died at 44 last December. You will always be handsome with out your hair. And I know guys who are confident without these things. The girls grew attracted to them because they showed that. Not to the ones who wasn't. Wither with or without the hair. Like I said entirely up to you. I only look down on the ones I know are being fake. Your loneliness is going to determine girls away from you wither you have hair or not. They get that desperate vibe from you, they won't look. That I will guarantee you my whole money's worth, unless they're clingy and attach to anything. That leads to unhealthy relationships.

• But your mother (god rest) was not trying to attract a mate. That's all I want to do. It's the same as a girl doing her makeup, or getting a boob job, or putting on expensive clothes. It's all about looking good and presenting your best face to potential mates.

And yes, a lot of guys are confident when they have no reason to be, and I don't respect those guys at all. There are guys without jobs, educations, homes, cars, or means of support who believe themselves to be god's gift to women. I find that sad and delusional, like a borderline psych patient.

But, to each, his own. People can do what they want. If other guys want to be bald, that's up to them. I just know that white guys who are bald are not typically considered attractive by girls.

• Nah. It's your bod, do what you want

• I wouldn't, no. Life happens.

• I would assume you don't look down on women who dye their hair, get extensions, etc.

I wouldn't look down on a guy for hair transplant surgery! Seriously, if you feel like that is all you need to have self-confidence, go for it!

• Thanks. I know girls do things to enhance their appearance, but I just thought they might look down on a guy doing something cosmetic like this.

• If it makes you confident, I'm all for it!

• I wouldn't look down on a guy if he did that. Why don't you just go for the bald look? Some guys pull it off and look sexy regardless.

• Black guys pull it off really well, but I don't think white guys in general look good bald. Anyhow, I don't think I would, and girls in my age prefer guys who have hair. Older women are the ones who seem to be ok with bald guys.

• I guess so. My boyfriends 23 and he's rapidly balding. Doesn't bother me as much as it bothers him. I still think he looks beautiful with or without hair.

• No, you're just trying to be a better, more attractive you. There's nothing wrong with that.

• I would rather be just be bald and embrace that quality about himself. Bald can be very attractive!

• absolutely not. you do you boo. girls do so much weird crap, fake boobs, fake butts, fake lips, like please. you want hair? get some hair. if anyone has a problem with you trying to feel good about yourself then they're not good enough for you bb.

• Why does anyone need to know? You do whatever will make you feel the best.

Personally it would bother me, but I have a thing for bald guys but bald guys who aren't insecure about it... if your going to be insecure there is no way to make it look good so the surgery may be your best bet but are you sure that's all there is? You sure it isn't a deeper problem?

• Deeper problem?

• I went to a dating event at college two years ago that was disguised as a 'mixer.' There were over 100 girls there that night, and I even had a female friend trying to help fix me up with girls. My friend swore that I'd find someone there, but I got no real interest at all. I was devastated, because I already knew the score. The younger girls who should've been my targets wanted to date a boy with good hair. My female friend knew it, too, and she seemed very upset for me and dodged the subject afterwards because she knew it wasn't anything that she could say.

My point is, hair matters to girls in my age range. I lift weights and take care of my body, but that's not enough to compensate. Receding hair makes a guy look older and less attractive.

• No it doesn't. Your uncomfortable and thing people will care so they do. Life is a self fulfilling prophesy Sir.

• Who the fuck cares?