Should I meet this guy from Tinder?

Set up Tinder for the heck of it, posted 6 cute pics of myself with a nice bio and all. wasn't really expecting much to happen but am open to casual dating.
See this guy who is hot and like him.. we match. He is super hot, muscular, and is a high ranking military officer with a degree in engineering. Describes himself as a "honey bear". Has pictures of himself next to a porsche, in his military uniform, in the pool. Turns out he is 31 and says he usually dates a little younger than himself because younger girls are more energetic and fun. Im 18. We have talked a little bit but he says he hates getting to know someone through text (he "likes to look someone in the eyes when he speaks") and wants to meet over coffee.
I know this is the point of the app, but I guess I'm still really nervous because he is older. Like, I would casually date an older guy but I'm not sure if it's a good idea doing it through tinder. What do you think? Comments appreciated.

• Yes, set up a date.
  • No, tell him you're not interested.
  • Not yet, tell him that he has to wait longer and talk more before meeting you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tinder is a stretch even for casual dating lol His profile screams that he is looking for one and dump thing, which is fine if you are into that, it sounds like you think he is hot lol

But I would not expect him to contact you after that or for anything other than sex... Again, cool if tha'ts what you want- but it does not sound like it.

• I mostly question how you matched lol I am 24 and profile only goes to 20 haha I just feel like teens are too easy/ I am taking advantage. Plus how many have their settings up to my age, let lone 31!

• Lol so I went on the date with him. He seemed like a chill guy. We were sitting on a dock talking and he asked if I want to make out.. I say I want to get to know him better first. He's like "yeah no problem."

At the end of the date he was like "come on at least one kiss" and we were making out for like 5 minutes when I said I needed to go. We set up a second date via tinder, chatted for a few days all in excitement for the next date of dinner and "netflix" . Woke up this morning and he unmatched me lol. What a weirdo lol

• Yep, sound about right! He likely just wanted a hook up, the netflix bit is extremely obvious lol

Most Helpful Girl

• date him but be careful. older people are obviously more experienced (not like he's thaaat old but he's quite a few years older than you) and you don't wanna blindly commit to someone like that quite yet so get to know him first. you wanna make sure he's not trying to take advantage of your inexperience and naivety or anything. especially when he says he likes to date younger women. that could sound a little fishy but who knows. you gotta give it a shot first. :) my best friend's parents are like 20 something years apart so it's different for everyone!

What Guys Said 5

• Blow him.

• How long have you been talking?

• 2 days

• If your comfortable enough meet him. Bring a friend if you must. Otherwise keep talking till your comfortable.

• I doubt he's gonna want anything serious with you. go for it and have some fun.

• Lol... girls are so superficial It's amazing. Girls are indeed shallower than guys. Thank you for enlightening me

• Do you know his full name and did you Google him?

• No.. should I do that first?

• I am very naive

• What if he made you pay?

What Girls Said 4

• You're meeting up in public, I don't see the harm. If you know someone who has free time, have them come along and sit at a table nearby.

My brother in law offered to stake out a meet up a guy wanted to have with me, posted in a bush with his gun lmao

• I would continue to talk to him for a bit longer.

I would personally not talk to him as he just looks like he is looking for some fun. And once he gets what he wants, he'll ignore you. If you're ok with that, go ahead.

And the fact he is 31? Hm...

• First off did you add him on any other social media's or add him on snapchat to make sure you are meeting the right guy. I personally would give it some more time before I actually meet up with him it just seems like you are really young and he is older and it is tinder.

• That would be too old for me at 18, but if you're okay with that and want to meet him, go ahead. He wants to meet in public for coffee, so it should be fine.