So stupid, Advice on how to get over a crush?

I've had a crush on the same guy for like a year, started at the beginning of the fall last year and sort of went away as I stopped seeing him around, suddenly at the end of last term he started hanging out with my friends and myself again and it came back. We've hung out together in that big friend group but I'm pretty sure that its going to go no where as he hasn't texted me back the two times I've texted (i waited a good while before texting him the second time, like a month). Anyway, I keep having dreams about him and absolutely can't get him out of my mind. Its driving me crazy, what are some ways that I could just drop this silly infatuation with him? Im almost certain he doesn't feel the same way and Im sick of wasting emotional energy on him.

What Guys Said 1

• My advice, get a new crush on someone else. Then you're through with this one.

What Girls Said 1

• Block him.