I wish my fiancé was NOT RICH? why can't he be normal?

My fiancé comes from a rich family, and he's also very very well off. It makes me uncomfortable that he has so much money because like the old saying goes money means power and since i have no money lol. I see myself as a strong woman but he wants me to be a stay at home and be a trophy wife who takes care of the kids. It sounds weird but I went to college and I worked hard to get where I am today. Staying at home while my husband provides for me isn't part of my plan. WHAT if one day he leaves or dies what do I then? I spent years depending on someone, thats a terrifying sitiuation to be in. I hate depending on people. Yes most girls dream of Prince charming coming in and sweeping you off your feet but I'm not 100% sure why it scares me now that he's here. He proposed I said yes, but this is too scary. I never realized how scared I was until we visited his family in Virginia the night he proposed.

This is a serious problem please help
I'm considering Not marrying him

Most Helpful Guy

• Take it from someone with lots of money.
    Yes in a way it brings me power in someways but with great power comes great responsibility so it's not always good.

• I should say I don't make the wife stay at home she also works she makes her own money I wouldn't stop her or make her do anything it's not my place.

• Thanks for mh.

• 😊 your welcome

What Guys Said 2

• Why the fuck would he be your fiance if you don't like him being rich? Not the brightest box in the world I see.

• well, noone is forcing you to stay with him,

• You're right, but I love him. He has a good job and isn't super rich but his parents are. I didn't realize how rich until we visited them. They have always visited us in the past. It's not really a money issue per se. It's more a power and status issue. Plus I think his dad hates me.

What Girls Said 2

• If he loves you like you think he does then even if he does die or leaves he will still want to take care the mother of his children. But until then you should tell him what you want and you two should come together to figure something out.

• Your right. Non of this was my life plan though. yes I love him more than anything in this world

• Damn, tbh, I'm shallow af and could not date a rich man. He can make more than me, but just not too much.

I don't know what to say.

• That's how I feel. Thank you for responding I have legit anxiety over here. Because I love him but I can't live up to his expectations.