Would you rather be more intelligent or better looking?

And why?

• More intelligent
  • More physically attractive

Most Helpful Girl

• More physically attractive, for intelligence can be gained and increased when as physical attractiveness can not.

For example one - even if they are illiterate - can always educate themselves on things and learn to be become intelligent, the capacity of the human brain is phenomenal :)
    But if you are born with average looks - you will always look average.
    I can never look like a Victoria's Secret model - or be as attractive as her, but I can educate myself to be as intelligent and knowledgeable as an oxford university student :)

• Congrats on Oxford

• @yucel_eden I study Accountancy and Business Management

• Intelligence can be sexy...

Most Helpful Guy

• More attractive. Intelligence isn't as great as everyone thinks. As they say, ignorance is bliss. I'd much rather be stupid and hot than intelligent and mediocre. People treat hot people better than normal people. More people would agree with your stupid ideas, so you'd form solidarity with people much easier. I think the smarter you are, the more isolated and unhappy you are. You ever see an unhappy retarded person? Man, they can be amazed and astounded with the simplest of things. So, if I just stay as intelligent as I am, then become hot. Yeah. I'd prefer that.

Although. It also depends on the level of intelligence I would receive, along with the hotness I would receive. If this is like some limitless shit, then yeah, I'm taking that pill. If my brain was a supercomputer, popping my IQ up to like 1,000, I would *definitely* pick that. If it would give me the power to manipulate pretty much anything to my will. Yeah. Definitely want that.

But if it was just like 20-50 IQ points, meh. I don't want to be smarter, capable of recognizing issues, unless I'm also capable of coming up with solutions to solve those issues.

What Girls Said 21

• Oh, EASILY more intelligent. Beauty is as beauty does, and it eventually fades. As my late grandmother used to always say, "That and a quarter will get you a ride on the city bus". That was in the days that it only cost a quarter to ride the city bus.
    Don't get me wrong, physical attractiveness is great and all, but I think sometimes people put too much emphasis on it. Like I said, beauty is as beauty does, and its only value is to the eyes. It doesn't last either, so you'd better have other good qualities besides that!

• Or a modeling career where women fawn over you

• @schnipdip There are a lot of dogs after that bone and very few women make it to be a model because the supply of women who want to be one is much higher than the demand.
      That beauty is only temporary as well.

• Intelligent. Beauty fades.

• I'm a 4.0 student. So make me beautiful!

• I'd rather be intelligent, it gets your everywhere and opens doors for you. Otherwise I wouldn't stuck in my situation. 😔😔

• I am quite intelligent already but I still voted A.. cuz that's what's more important for me...

• More intelligent, definitely. Looks don't take you that far in life, but you can do anything with intelligence.

• Let's see...
    I'm have the intelligence of a potato with average looks.
    #GoingWithIntelligence

• I'm extremely intelligent, and I could never give that up. If I have any attractiveness, take it away if it means keeping my brains LOL! #knowledgeispower

• What college do you attned

• More intelligent. I would rather learn to be happy with the way I look than change to fit someone else's standard of beauty.

• knowledge has always been my true passion! I always want more. intelligence is definitely the right choice in this question.

• More intelligent to be on par with the men I date :)

• More intelligent. With intelligence I'll benefit more/has more advantages than beauty.

• Better looking. I can live with my level of intelligence, I'd like to look better

• Better looking only because I like the level of intelligent I am right now.

• More intelligent.

• People say that women have body image issues but looking at this poll men are more shallow and into looks than women are and that's just sad.

• Women like good-looking men actually. If women only like smarts, nerds would be getting laid all the time. People think women can't be shallow but they definitely can be even more so then men sometimes.

• Every girl is different. Just like every guy is.

• The poll is shocking

• More intelligent

• More intelligent. Looks fade over time anyways. I'd rather be known for my mind.

• More better looking cause I would be perfect like this

• I chose more intelligence because some day beauty will fade while you can always learn and keep your mind sharp. There's nothing worse than a beautiful person who is stupid. I instantly loose interest in that person.

• Better looking. People think I'm intelligent already, I'm not so sure, but others always say it and guys I meet are impressed by it haha, so that's good enough. I'm not great looking though, pretty average, so wouldn't hurt to look better.

What Guys Said 18

• already have a 146 IQ, the only thing that another 4 points would get me is MENSA membership. Women don't give a shit about smart guys unless they're rich or attractive as well. Employers don't give a shit about intelligence either because there's no working your way from the bottom up anymore, just show up, do your job as your told, and shut up.

I can and have figured out the math for all the metrics for my job (in the first 3 months that I've been there) and I've found the flaws, weak points, and exploitables that I use everyday to make myself look just good enough to be advanced. At this point I already have it figured out that they're promising their client 750 hours a month more than we can give them, have semiforced overtime every week, and like to steak a fraction of the bonuses I earn from my paycheck. I've got enough to shut the whole building down, but I'm planning on moving up a couple times, and just firing the people that are causing the problems.

Being more attractive works in your favor both in relationships and professionally. More attractive people are hired into positions of authority more often from the starting point as they appear more honest and move up faster for the same reason.

• That's not true more intelligent people are hired for exec positions that much is really obvious

• If you have the degree sure, I went for graphic design, intelligence doesn't make much difference if there are no jobs available.

• Creativity is more relevant for design majord

• Definitely more intelligent... Looks are just a matter of opinion... but intelligence (especially success) is a constant.
    Look at Flavor Flav lol...

• If I was forced to choose one, i would go with B, my intelligence give me so much problems as it is, I dont need anymore, lol. Even though I dont care about looks, I just wouldn't wanna make it anymore unbearable.

• Intelligence is something that, honestly, I love about people. I don't look for the hot guy or girl first, I look for a smart one and the rest follows. I may not be the brightest, but I do love smart men and smart women. That matters more than a hot bod as we all age and that eventually becomes obsolete.

• I'm pretty intelligent already, and I enjoy learning, so I voted B.

• Better looking. I wish I'm intelligent enough to know that beauty fades though.

• I'm a artist any way so science and space and the laws of phiycals and the human Brain or history or mathematics never really mattered to me.

So I'll take looks

• More intelligent, since intelligence means more money and the more money, then women will line up in front of me.

• Better looks. I'm already intelligent, and it gets you nowhere. In fact, the more intelligent a man you are, the more you realize there's nothing to be gained from intelligence alone.

• Better looking, I've got about normal intelligence

• In America that would be a bad thing

• More intelligent. To be better looking, all you really have to do is workout.
    http://i.imgur.com/8ipuLuZ.jpg

• I wish I looked better

• i think im good lookin as is id like to be more intelligent :D would make collage a lot easier xD

• Intelligent

• But I already have both?

• At least I know my mind is okay that way.

• I don't think it's possible for me to be any smarter or better looking ;P But I'll choose more intelligent, can never be too intelligent, and I don't really need to be any better looking

• intelligent