When is it considered it cheating while being in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• when you value the other person over your partner, when you prefer hanging out or talking to them over your partner, when you kiss, sneak behind your partners back to see them, the discussing things with them instead of your partner is silly in my view you should be able to talk to others

• @Mojave I meant in the sense of talking to other people about the problems in your relationship versus with your SO

• if he's known her longer you can't really make him chose. because like he's known her longer. so im assuming you think you partner is cheating right? and look my opinion there's nothing wrong with females and guys being friends. just if he picks her over you more than 50% time then leave him. but what proof you got he's cheating?

• No I'm not assuming he's cheating, but I do have a gut feeling there will be. Because my boyfriend is friends with her but she likes him so for her she's more than just a friend, she's a boy who she likes a lot

Most Helpful Girl

• When you take action upon your desires and thoughts. Whether that would be emotionally immersing yourself with someone (other then your partner) to secretly meeting up with them.

• So for example I'd be cheating on my boyfriend if I ever thought about how it would be like if I were with a different guy?

• "Take action" thinking and taking action upon something are two different things.

What Guys Said 9

• 1. Sex
    2. Kissing
    3. Cuddling
    4. Sexting
    5. Discussing things with them instead of your partner

• What do mean by discussing? Talking about what kind of things?

• I don't know about cuddling, unless it's really intense, I feel like you could do that with a friend without any sexual or romantic feelings

• When you have to ask yourself whether it is or isn't cheating.

• Basically anything you might want to hide from your partner or might not tell them. That also includes emotional cheating. Kissing, sending nudes, dirty talk, sex etc.

• In general don't do anything you know your SO wouldn't reasonably approve of.

• What if they don't approve of a lot of things?

• Even if a couple female friends liked you more than just a friend? Why is it not wrong for a taken guy to have female friends and it's wrong for girls to have male friends?

• Well if those friends can't respect my relationship then I'd have to cut them off. It's not wrong for a girl to have guy friends. Some dudes are unsure of what other guys intentions are when it comes to that kinda thing, I think most guys would sleep with their female friend if they could but in most cases it's the other way around for women. I think most women are okay with guys having female friends as long as they don't spend more time with them than her or give her reason to believe something is going on. To sum this up, you shouldn't be with someone you don't trust.

• When you are cheating on a relationship...

• Whenever you break the rules of that specific relationship.

• yes it is

• Anything you wouldn't do with a platonic friend.

• Is simply hanging out with another friend that is different gender than you cheating?

• Definitely not, that's just having a friend. Anything which involves sexual or romantic feelings

• I also think it'd be okay if you were, like, an actor or something and had to do something intimate with someone else – that wouldn't count as cheating because you're not doing it because you're into that person but because you had to for your job.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• If you have to ask, then it's probably cheating. At a minimum if you are an exclusive couple then it would be cheating.

• when you show lack of respect to your SO...

• When you start hiding stuff from them

• Whats the differen between hiding and not telling the whole truth?