"Not feeling it"?

I've been friends with this guy awhile and I've liked him from the start. 2 weeks ago I gave up on the idea of us being together because he was acting uninterested. How ever he would flirt and act like he liked me half the time. I got over him and haven't talked to him for 2 weeks until he messaged me a few hours ago. We talked a bit and made jokes and he finally told me he messaged me cause he wanted to ask me out. Of course I was confused and asked about why he acted like that before and he said he just wasn't feeling it. I don't know what to do. When I asked what he meant by that he blew it off and didn't answer me directly. I like him as a friend a lot and still have a bit feelings left. I don't want to hurt him, I heard that a year before he asked a girl that he really liked out and she rejected him and that effected him tremendously. His mom died 2 months ago too. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You like him right? And he likes you? So maybe enjoy your time together, have fun. You don't have to marry him, don't have to sleep with him. It sounds like maybe you two just had an awkward first date. That's not too uncommon.

• Or "date-esque" kind of thing.

Do you only like him as a friend, nothing more?

• I liked him for months and 2 weeks ago I stopped messaging him (I always message first) and that gave me Time to get over it but not completely. When I texted him before he wouldn't respond or if he did it would be after 4ish hours and 1 word. When I asked to hangout he didn't say anything (I asked 2 times on different occasions).

• He sounds kinda weird. Guess you've passed the ball to him though to initiate something.

What Guys Said 1

• Well obviously the guy was scared and was still not sure (for some reason). It's not like you asked him out and he rejected you like a dick. If he didn't really hurt you in any way other than making you wait and you are still interested than go out with the dude already. He asked you out so there is nothing to be confused of now.
    Best of luck 🤘😎🤘

What Girls Said 1

• He's not that into you. You should move on.