"Being sexually experienced is an advantage for guys, but a hindrance for girls." Do you agree?

A friend of mine (who admittedly counts among the more experienced guys) said this during a conversation a while back - that when dating, guys are better off if they've had several partners and sexual encouters in the past, thus being more experienced in dealing with potential sexual partners, but that this trait is undesirable in girls, putting them in a disadvantage. I didn't agree initially - people don't generally ask their dates how many partners they have had before them (or so I think). But maybe, as a 22-year old virgin, I'm a prime example of this pattern. What do you think?

• Truth
  • Nonsense

Most Helpful Girl

• Boys like your friend only think that because experienced women can tell who actually sucks in bed and who doesn't. Experience and knowledge is power, even in the bedroom and customarily men like to dominate (often but not always) and some like to let the girl take charge. An experienced girl will know more about sex and if he's tending to her needs equally or if he's just doing what gets him off and not really caring how satisfied she is in the end. Experience isn't a hindrance because "we" will know better.

• @WillowTree An experienced man will know the same thing though. The issue of experience is not more exclusive to either women or men. I will say that women do tend to think that experience equals quality when it doesn't. How you perform outdoes experience and number of partners in any situation. It also doesn't mean that an experienced woman knows it better or does it greatest either. You could've sucked 10 or 15 dicks in your life and are still bad at it.

• @Bandit74 I'm not even going to... Looks like you have it all figured out.

• I know 😏

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally yes.

As a guy you are MUCH better off being experienced. Most girls see virgin guys as pathetic, so much so its used as a random insult. Like on gag if a guy is saying something that girls find offensive they will say something like "I bet you're still a virgin" even though it had nothing to do with whit the conversation. That fact it is so quickly used as an insult tells me its something that has a negative connotation.

If you're experienced therebis nothing for them to use to insult you. You never see girls insult a guy by saying "I bet you get laid all the time". Its kinda funny, I have seen girls try to accuse guys who sleep around of not being able to get laid. Its almost like they want it to be true. Like if a guy has a bad attitude they want to create the narrative of him being a virgin even if the opposite is true.

Anways, experienced guys are much better at attracting girls and are more likely to be the guy they will send nudes and have sex with by the third date. Even a lot of the virgin girls prefer an experienced guy over a virgin guy.

As a girl, having a reputation for sleeping around will cause guys to approach them primarily for sex. Like if they hear she is the type who offers easy no strings attached sex, other guys will try to get the same deal. However if she sleeps around discreetly it won't affect her as much.

• Maybe there is a cultural difference between our countries, but personally I've never heard anyone use "virgin" as an insult, male or female. After all it's not something you have written on your forehead, nobody needs to know unless you make it clear for them - therefore, it can only manifests itself in your lack of experience with dating, relationships and possibly sex. But logically, one would assume this should be true for both genders.

• I've seen it a lot on this site. In real life it's something people are laughed at for.

• I was a virgin until i was 19 and I don't care about other peoples bullshit opinions, I've waited because I can and prove to others virginity is something sacred.

What Girls Said 16

• Morally it seems wrong but that's just freakin' sexist , why can't she be more experienced? For a guy to be more experience he's gon' need a girl to do that and that girl will count him too as an experience so then what? She should not have been with him for the sake of experience? Then how is He gon' be more experience if all girls restricted themselves so they can be the less experienced? You slept with her which gives you more experience along with her too but you now want some who's mes experienced? If y'all want someone who's less experience then you better gain experience from your guy friends coz who's gon' want the girl you experienced with if you don't want someone like her for her experience? Kmt.. its stupid thing really and will never work because the balance ain't right unless you're willing to be with your buddy for experience.

• It doesn't make a lot of sense, but even if it doesn't make sense, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not true. I'm not asking how it should be - I'm asking people how they think it really is, and if they think such a rule exists.

• Whether its a rule or not i think that depends on an individual.

• I think it is an advantage for both sides having experienced and knowing what you want and like and what not.

But according to the outdated sexist society rules, it is an advantage for guys, because having a cock and being able to insert it into multiple holes is a power of sign. That is why college boys always talk about who they fucked and how they fucked. On the other hand, according to the same logic, if a woman has more than even 2 partners, their future partners or possible boyfriends judge them and put them into the category of being a slut because you know women sexuality is a taboo... Illogical bullshit but your friend is right, correctly explaining the logic of the society, or some religious people who support celibacy (somehow celibacy just for women)... I hope you get my message.

• In my book it's bad for both. Sexual promiscuity is absolutely disgusting. I don't care who you are

s2.quickmeme.com/.../...37af57123a0b5436999b18.jpg

• Duhh, of course! I don't understand why sluts are protesting "this is my life, my rules, my decisions" across their banters like male promiscuity isn't frowned upon. Since I'm straight, I am not going to be marrying a guy and I don't think players are as bisexual as sluts are. It's easier to be friends with a player than a slut in my opinion.

• I haven't met players yet so I don't know about that. But, I've met a couple of slutty women who've had a partners back in high school who've slept with both men and women.

• Also, absolutely disgusting.

• Nonsense...

• only if you see living and wisdom as a hindrance. i dont think id want to date a guy who had that strange view of the world.. pass.

• Women are judged more harshly for having had multiple partners, while men are often praised for it. I've met men who refused to date women who had had more than three partners before them, and felt that there was nothing wrong with it. The way I see it, the more experienced we are, the better we can please our partners and know what we find pleasing. How many people we've been with is just another inconsequential number.

• In society, women are taught their bodies are often valuable and reserved for relationships only, every dick thrust into her will decrease her body's value until there's no value left. The higher your partner count, the lower your value towards the opposite sex.

• @Yoloxt23 Just because it's what we're taught, doesn't make it true. It's an unfair way to judge anyone.

• I do think the less partners a woman has the better for men. Hence why they dont want to know your body count or whom youve been with its a primal instinct. For women we too care how many people youve been with and what kind of people. like for us sexuality matters so we care about these things more than body count unless its ridiculous

• I voted a. But it seems like society yes. Personally I'd say b.

• Eh I don't want a guy to sexually experienced.

• Disagree. I couldn't disagree more.

• I think there's truth to it. Say there's a guy and a girl. They both have slept with 20 people. I'm almost certain that more guys will have an issue with the girl's number than girls will have with the guy's number.

• I think you are probably right! But i dont know why!!!

• @ManOnFire they don't have the same amount. And guys can have 40 partners but once they find out that girl has even a quarter of that and they lose it.

• @Jaded214 No, if a girl has less than he has he generally doesn't mind that.

• I do not want to be in a relationship with a guy who has a lot or secual partners

• No, I don't want a guy who's experienced.

• that's true

• Tons of girls prefer clean non used up dick. And i know some sluts that guys do anything to wifey... Actually settle down with and even cry when she walks away.

• I think a high number for guy or girl will make a person look twice.

What Guys Said 21

• It might be true but it's something I think we should be working to reverse. After all, if a male bachelor is sexually experienced, that implies that he left a lot of women behind during his conquests. It doesn't seem fair to hold that against the women he left behind.

• Not necessarily. There are plenty of us guys who do want a woman who has some kind of experience. I wouldn't want to go to bed with a girl who has no idea what to do or is frightened of it. And I don't think guys really care about how many partners a woman has as much as people say. I think for most guys as long as they've had some kind of sexual experience period, it doesn't really matter how many partners she's had. You've both done it, so numbers don't really validate or invalidate experience.

• I think its true to an extent. A while ago I asked a question about how many sex partners guys and girls wanted in their partner before them. Predictably, guys said 0, while girls answers ranged from 0-5 partners. So I think there's some truth to guys being more desirable if they have experience, but experience only means a few partners and not a high number.

• Being experienced is not the same as having slept with tons of different people.

I think most people learn through having lot of sex with their partner.

• i disagree. every man loves to get a blowjob from an experienced girl.

• ...
    ...
    ... Wut? :v
    Experience for both genders is a plus... who keeps coming up with this crazy shit? :v

• For sex. Yes it's very true when it comes down to it. Even girls saying it's not true but during sex girls just care about the pleasesure nothing more.

For a relationship, that lasts. It's nonsense. The less the better the relationship will last.

• Why would it be a hindrance for girls unless they were dealing with the Taliban or some other Neandarthal?

• Why would you insult Neanderthals like this. All they ever wanted was to hunt mammoths in peace

• I'd say it's true.

• i like experienced girls. what´s not to like about them?

• Well to get experience you must sleep around so.. I don't want a relationship with a woman who has ridden the cock carousel.

• I think there are some very weird and sexist stereotypes about it, but people can make of it whatever they will.

• It's probably good for the girl to be a little experienced so that she knows what she's getting in to and that she's not being fooled by some idiot

• I don't like promiscuity in both sexes but since I'm not attracted to men and I'm not going to be marrying one in the future, it doesn't mean we can't be friends.

• Doesn't matter.

• I think there is some truth to it but it really depends.

• Its an advantage for both in my opinion

• True because most of the time girls want a man with experience while men want a girl with the least number of sexual partners possible.

• It's true. You can argue that these advantages aren't that big. I'd say the most pronounced is that as guys get older, a lack of experience is a problem.

For women, being waaaaay too experienced is viewed as a drawback.

Most women as they get older become less and less tolerant of men who don't know what they're doing. You'll see them here sleep with a guy once and decide to dump him because it wasn't good. They assume the guys they are around are 'finished goods'.

• "Being sexually experienced is an advantage for guys, but a hindrance for girls."
    More or less true, regardless of whether or not that's the way it should be ethically that saying applies because it demonstrates value for both sexes.

Sex for men is difficult, so getting lots of it means many women have chosen you.

Sex for women is easy, so having few sexual partners demonstrates that only the best are chosen by you.

SUCKS for all of us but that's how it is.

• onsense