Is it considered cheating when ur dating someone but flirting with another guy?

I'm just wondering if it is

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) The only thing about flirting whether it is harmless, is that it can be taken the wrong way by the person you are flirting with.

2) Think about it, if you flirt with a guy and somehow it gets back to your guy... how do you explain it? Oh it was harmless, your guy may not look at it that way!

3) Answer this honestly, if your guy was flirting with a good looking girl, would you be okay with that or would you say something?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know... I think that it's a bit wrong to do it, because you're already dating one guy. If I were you, and I say IF I WERE YOU, I'd focus on that guy I'm dating, and drop the rest, so I can see if he's 'boyfriend material'

However... Dating means you're not really officially a couple yet so, I don't know if it's really 'cheating', but I wouldn't do it though.

What Guys Said 10

• Flirting is only cheating if you intend to act upon those flirtations and get something out of it

• By definition, its "technically" not cheating. But it is equally disrespectful, and should be treated as seriously as cheating. If I found out my girlfriend was flirting with another man/men, I'd be just as heart broken.

• Playfully or with intent? Big difference

• I'm not really sure, I just feel bad cause he says no one loves him so I just try to make him happy and feel better, but then I feel bad for doing that to the guy I'm dating

• So, your flirting is not even naturally playful, it's done out of pity? It sounds like you're at almost the opposite end of cheating and the intent is actually a good one. It would be better to help him improve himself, rather than flattering his ego though.

That way your current guy won't get his wires crossed and your friend hopefully can hopefully gain the confidence to look elsewhere.

• How far into dating this someone is this hypothetical someone?

• if you are wondering if its cheating it would maybe be better not to do it?

• Kinda yeah

• Depends how serious you are with the guy you are dating..

• Yes, it is. But if it makes you happy, then flirt away!

• yes it is

• No, it's disrespectful though

What Girls Said 9

• I consider it cheating if you are intentionally doing so. Also, if your bf/gf sees what's happening and asks you to stop doing it and yet you continue, then it's definitely cheating. I don't like the excuse that you don't realize what you're doing. I mean, I do believe it to a degree, but at some point it becomes increasingly clear that it's not just "friendly" conversation or touches anymore.

• Yep emotional cheating still counts.

• I don't think flirting is cheating if it's done as something fun and meaningless.

Flirting is only cheating if you want something to come out of it

• Its technically not cheating, but its still a bad thing to do. Why date them if you're going to disrespect them like that?

• If you have to ask whether it's cheating, 99% it's cheating

• I think it depends. I sometimes flirt with guys but it's just me being friendly.

• I don't think so but I would never do that lol 🙂 But it is considered "being messed up

• Yeah it is. And it is disrespectful. Especially if it's intended

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more