Does going on a date mean you're dating?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would call it dating after like 3 dates.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends what you mean.

If you go on ONE date with a guy, you are NOT in a relationship. But if you continue to see each other, then you are dating. But only meaning that you are going on a series of dates, still NOT a relationship.

But if someone asks you if you have a boyfriend, you could say "oh no, I'm just dating right now".

The word has different meanings depending on the context. But you're not in a relationship until one of you officially asks the other to be your girlfriend or boyfriend, and that person accepts.

What Guys Said 10

• It means that you personally are dating. It does not mean you and that person are dating exclusively. Dating simply means going out on dates with people, whether it be one person or many people.

• A Date meaning one... No

• For me, going on a date is like a pre-requisite for dating. You go on a 'first date' to get to know them better, then based off the results of said first date you decide whether or not to go for round two.

• I think to qualify as dating you have to have gone on many dates at least three I think. Just my opinion.

• Yes it means dating

• If by "dating", you mean in a relationship, no, you aren't.

• Yeah it depends everyone sees it differently but i would say one date isn't dating. A few more dates and talk to him about dating exclusively then itll be offical

• yes.

• Hmm no. Does going on a trip mean you're tripping? :P

• Other (explain)

What Girls Said 10

• If the First date works out and there is a Second, then yes... Dating but No Mating as of yet, such as being in a Real Relationship.
    Good luck. xx

• Not unless they've been on multiple dates. Just one date doesn't mean much.

• If you went on a couple or more dates then I guess...

• If only on one date, I dont think so. But if you meet that person more, then yes.

• I think you're dating when you go on at least two or more dates.

• If it's just one date then no, more than two then yes

• I think you're dating after the first date, when you actually agree to meet for the second one.

• (laughing) No... a date is just a search for a red or a green light.

• if you only go on 1 date, its not dating

• Of course It's called a date for something...

• What if you go on a study date with a friend. That's not a dating date right?

• Of course... You're under 18 so... I know more things then you

• Okay I don't understand how age has anything to do with a study date haha. You're just to prideful to admit someone younger than you was right. Also, I doubt you are smarter considering all your grammar mistakes.