Why did he ask me if I thought I was settling?

I've been dating a guy for a month. We're not official, but neither of us are seeing anyone else. A few days ago, he asked me if I felt like I was settling for him.
I thought this was a weird question to ask. There was no context. What did he mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• He thinks tour too good for him. Lots of guys feel that way when they meet someone they like that much. At first they dont feel that way but when they really start to like you they see you as perfect and that they aren't worthy of you

Most Helpful Girl

• He's insecure/he thinks you're too good for him.

What Guys Said 1

• Difficult to explain without using the words "alpha male" and "beta male" but I'll use them anyway even though I will get hate. Basically, he's wondering if you're only dating him because you can't get the alpha. I think he feels deep down like he's a beta, like he's the kind of guy a girl would cheat on or leave him for the powerful, handsome, sexual alpha. He feels like he won't be able to tap into you primally, and thus, won't be able to please you fully. He doesn't want you to waste time on him if you're not attracted to him on that strong base level.

But hey, that's just me speaking from myself.

What Girls Said 0