Would you date someone who has kids and potentially marry him/her?

• Yeah, not a problem for me
  • I'd date um but not marry him/her
  • No, I want my own kids with all do respect

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to say without being in the situation. It wouldn't be an automatic dealbreaker, but a lot of subtle specifics about the individual circumstances would matter a lot.

• Yeah totally, this is just more in general which like u said-it's not an immediate deal breaker

• Exactly. It can work with kids, but it would be harder, especially if only one of you is a parent. It would take a lot of conscious effort, planning, and delegating. I would never want to come between a man and his kids in any way, but at the same time, if I'm going to have a relationship with him, I need to be a priority too.

• Yup all true
      Thanks for your opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd prefer to have my own naturally but there were some cases in my life where I fell in love with women through the kids they had. Generally the key is that I have a blast hanging out with their kids (I still like to play video games with them and things like that). If that happens, and I get along well with their mother, I would have seriously considered it when I was single.

What Girls Said 20

• Right now, no. I'm not prepared for children at my age. In a few years, once things were more stable, then I would probably be okay with it.

• i don't want any kids, my own or otherwise. so, if i was really in love with the person, i'd consider it; if i only kinda-sorta liked him, probably not.

• hell no.

• Babymama drama. Been there, done that. Hell no. I strongly prefer not to. I don't want kids ever either. I voted c but I don't want nor like kids tbh.

• I wouldn't date nor I would marry him. I don't know how to deal with children and our relationship would be full of drama.

• I'm not mentally ready for kids so the answer is no right now.

• *due, sorry had to.

I wouldn't mind. Kids are great if they're raised well.

However, I would mind if my partner wouldn't allow me to also raise them, which often happens.

• Unlikely. I think I'm too young to basically take the role of being someone's stepmom. I also kind of want his first child to be with me, as selfish as it may sound. If I was a single mother, then I would be open to dating single dads though.

• Understandable. Honestly as bad as it may sound to not want to date/marry someone cause of kids it's really not that rude cause you want to have your own. People say "whats the difference" but it's really not the same if they are genetically not your kids and you didn't go through all the experience yourself. Everyone has the right to their own opinion as long as it is reasonable, open minded, and respectful

• Id rather have a family on my own and id be scared that the kids wouldn't like me. But if id really like that person and if id have a good relationship with the kids id consider marrying that person. But id want at leats one child of my own too.

• nope. I can't.

• Probably not.
    I'm no good with kids.

• Maybe date but def not marry

• None of these options. I wouldn't date someone with kids but I don't want kids of my own either.

• Perhaps it would all depend how old the kids where for me

• Ok so you rather them be younger or older like babies/toddlers or teenagers

• That is very awesome, I wish you luck :)

• thanks u too

• No way. I don't want kids personally, but if did ever want them I'd want them to be my own.

• if you love the person enough to make it work then yes. dont be scared off by their kids, unless you never want any

• Wouldn't.

• no too much troublesome

• Date yes. But not marry because his kids will make it harder for me to be in a satisfying relationship. That's just me though. Millions of others have married people who have kids already.

• Id give it a try, won't out right say no due to kids.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm too old to raise kids and marrying her could deprive my son in some way.
    Besides, I don't want to cope with the kid's dad.
    But those are the ONLY reasons.

• nah id rather have my own family.

• Date, yes, commit to, no way.

• I want my own kids

• No I would not

• That wouldn't be a deal breaker

• No more damaged and used cars for me. Not worth it.

• Long I can keep my distance till I'm thinking about the long term with her

• I'm not interested with people with kids.

• nope