Is a guy coming on really strong at the beginning always a red flag?

Is a guy coming on super strong at the beginning of a relationship (telling the girl she's so beautiful/wonderful/special, making comments about the future in the first couple of dates, saying I love you really soon) always a bad sign? In my experience it either means he has some serious issues or is looking for sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bad sign, sounds like a guy like that is super possessive, which is always a red flag.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that is a bad thing, as my ex did the exact same thing. When we 1st started dating he made me grand promises, said flattering words and made himself seem perfect. Forward a couple months that all crumbled and by the end I was in love w/a guy who BSed me from the very start. Once the illusion ended I was left w/a shattered heart that took months to heal. Always listen to your gut and if you feel something is off, I would back off.

What Guys Said 1

• Probably he was lone wolf for long time, amd OC there's sex

What Girls Said 3

• its sounds like a trap... its too damn early stage of a relationship to talk about future

• In my experience it can be. I am dating a guy. Our first date was last week our second is this week. He's texting me every day. He said I think you're awesome and cute and I'm glad we met. He's talking about stuff we could do on future dates. But he and I are mostly just chatting and getting to know each other. He's not professing his love to me and I feel calm and normal not overwhelmed. I've dated psychos. You have to really go with your gut. Don't have sex too fast. If he talks about future dates and activities that's ok but if he talks about marriage then be concerned. Trust your instincts usually you know something is off.

• He was more joking about marriage and saying that I'm so beautiful and he can't stop thinking about me. Talking about future dates wouldn't concern me. The guy I dated before this one talked about taking a trip together after only a few dates. And he talked about what we should do on his birthday shortly after meeting (which was in March, and we met in December).

• Hi I can't judge from a personal experience this led to an abusive partner a narcissist type character. It's not normal for anyone male or female to be this expressive so early on so I would say your instincts are right something is unbalanced and you can sense it, trust it and move away is my advice. I felt things they were little and stood out to me and for some bizarre reason I just kept going to my detriment in the end and I'm still dealing with him after 6 months of not being together. Look online of narcissist behaviour signs it might help you. Of course there is a rare possibility he might be a rare genuine example but I believe as a species we have forgotten to trust our initial gut feeling and you are definitely feeling it, good luck xx oh also if it was just sex I don't think most men would feel the need to say those things I've found they won't say much at all apart from physical compliments xx