Do you think it's shallow to turn someone down from a date because of their gender?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all lol
    It's shallow to say that it's shallow to turn someone down because of your sexuality.

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if there was a gun to my head I would never date any guys or trannys.

What Girls Said 21

• I think it's worse to go on the date!
    You aren't interested in them, and you are going out with them? For how long do you pretend to be gay/straight (whichever you aren't)? Do you stop when you're about to have sex? Do you go full into a relationship because it's rude to finally turn down someone because you have a sexual orientation that they aren't part of?

No, you are leading them on and not interested in them, and it's rude to say yes. You can let someone down nicely, but no it is not shallow nor sexist nor anything to turn someone down. You don't even need a reason, sometimes it's just not the right time in life and you don't want to!

• No, I don't think that is shallow. I think everyone has the right to turn someone down for any reason they see fit.

• No. It's not shallow to have a sexual orientation. It's natural.

• No? If I'm not attracted to a certain gender then I'm sure as hell not going to entertain them just because they like me.

• what? how is that shallow?

• Absolutely not. You can't help what you're attracted to, whether it be the opposite sex, same sex, or both sexes. You're not shallow for having preferences like every other human being and knowing what you want.
    I can't imagine anyone seriously voting "yes" on this, unless I'm somehow mistaken on what this question implies.

• No it's not, people are attracted to certain genders.. if you will.

• lol! Seriously? This question can't be real.

• No, it's logical and natural. If you're not attracted to their gender, you won't date that person. It's simple.

• What the hell? NO. People have their own preferences.

• um no if your not attracted to someone with the same chromsomes as you in any shape or form that means you have a sexual preference.

• If they aren't the gender you're attracted to, then don't date them. But if you're choosing not to because they don't identify as the sex they were born as, that's an issue.

• Whaaaat? No.

• Yes but it's all up to the person

• Lmfao no
    Why go out on a date if its forces and they're not into you?
    Waste of time and money in my eyes.

• what is this kind of question? what is the point of going on a date with someone you'll never be attracted to?

• And now if we reject someone because of their gender it wll be because we are homophobe seriously what's this world...

• Yes and it's sexist

• Shit I meant to vote no but hit yes instead.

• Nope

What Guys Said 12

• Using the word shallow to describe physical attraction I don't think accomplishes much because using a definition like "not caring about or involving serious or important things" is completely subjective so it can just vary from person to person. I don't see the point in a debate really. I think using the word shallow is a word to try and cause a person to feel scared by feeling socially weird. The word preference can be used instead of shallow and I have no issue with a person having their personal preference or being shallow relative to whatever they think it is.

• Not at all. But it is very shallow to ask a question like this.

• Huhhh no.
    I am not gay. I won't go on a date with a gay. I will say no respectfully, but I won't say yes.

• Shallow? Maybe. Wrong? By some people's standards. Would I do it? yep without remorse

• I don't date guys

• I'll put this in a way that will offend you towards the right answer: Gays should just go date real women. All they need is a good lay and they'll go straight.

Do you like the sound of that?

• In a way yes, but that just depends on sexual orientation. Humans are all shallow, whether they like to admit or not.

• Hell no. It's not shallow to be straight.

• This question is weird

• Nope

• I am sorry, but I don't date guys who identify as girls.

• what. the. actual. fuck.