boyfriend turned me down for sex... what to think?

I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months now and everything has been dandy. Last night though (Saturday) when we were fooling around, he suddenly said "can we not have sex tonight. I just don't feel like it"..
Now, I wouldn't overthink on this one time incident if we had sex everyday. But we normally only have sex on the weekends when he stays over. So we just have sex like 2 or 3 times a week. I just thought maybe after a week he would want to have sex more than once? (Just Friday we slept together, that was all this week.)
I feel a little weird about it, kinda worried he lost interest? Should i wait till next weekend and see what happens, or should I send him a text and just ask?

Updates:
I know he wasn't tired because he was actually pretty hyped, didn't go to bed till almost 1am
He also cuddled and touched me even talked about sex with me after he said he didn't want sex
Weird?

0|1
1|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Men DO , on average , have much higher sex drives than women , that's obvious. But equally , even young men do not constantly crave sex every second , that is an exageratted popular view. Stress & tiredness will kill even a strong libido , that's often the cause , not you !!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he was simply feeling tired. Just because he's a male, it doesn't necessarily means he wants to have sex all the time.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Girl as you said this was a one time incident.
    If this becomes a frequent affair then sure be concerned.

Sometimes people just ain't feeling it. Respect yea.

0|1
    0|0
  • Jesus if it was just a single occasion you need to stop overthinking this and just relax. Maybe if it starts happening a lot then you can be worried, but he could have just not felt very good or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just cause he's a guy doesn't mean he walks around desperately wanting sex every second. There are times when you are just not in the mood, maybe there is something on your mind, maybe he just wanted to spend time with you.

I would only be concerned with it if it happened more often.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he enjoyed last Friday and not having to have sex all the time. It could have seemed nice to do something different.

0|0
    0|0
  • He became a monk overnight.

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!