Girls, if a guy described himself as a "beta male" in his profile or personal ad, what would you think?

Like if it's thrown in with a bunch of other qualities, for example: "I'm an art-loving, philosophy major, gaming enthusiast, beta male, who loves conversation and the outdoors."

Does the term "beta male" have a negative connotation for you? Is it bad for a person to say that even if it's true, the same way that it's bad to announce you have low self-esteem or body odour? And what if he was seeking only platonic friendship, would it be advisable to use the term then? Thanks for your help.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• What a pathetic personal ad lmao. No dude using the term beta/alpha is a pretty big turn off to most girls. While it's just a word used to describe certain personality traits people like to freak out and bring up wolves. It's much easier to use the world alpha or beta but people are weird.

What Girls Said 9

• Three words: He's an idiot. A male is a male. Have no impact for me. In platonic relationships or anything, the term is not necessary. Be yourself without the added terms. It will give people the wrong idea.

• I had to look up the term to make sure I was thinking of the right definition. The first thing that comes to mind about a beta male is that he's essentially harmless. Probably a nice guy to be friends with but lacking half the traits I like in men whom I'd think of romantically. I'd give him a shot but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the friend zone.

• Not really. Just make sure not to date abbey alpha type female. She would probably take advantage of you.

• I'd think that it would be kinda pathetic.

• As soon as I see beta or alpha, I'd close the screen. I don't play with little boys. There's no such thing as beta or alpha. That only exists in the animal kingdom not humans.

• I would keep scrolling

• The alpha male will typically sleep with you quite a few times, and then dump you for someone else within 3 to 6 months.

I am the "Omega", and I'm twice your age, and I've seen it all.

Alphas are ready for a fall.

• @AbleLearner alright, anyway, I'm gonna go kiss a girl now

• I would want to meet him anyway

• I'm beta so he wouldn't be for me

• Pathetic lol. Guys who buy into all that alpha beta crap are always losers.

What Guys Said 5

• It just reeks desperation

• Probably not a good idea.

• I'd think he's an idiot. I don't see why anyone would want to describe themselves with alpha or beta descriptions.

• Probably isn't boyfriend material

• Nothing. That he's a cool bruh with game!