Girls, if a guy described himself as a "beta male" in his profile or personal ad, what would you think?

Like if it's thrown in with a bunch of other qualities, for example: "I'm an art-loving, philosophy major, gaming enthusiast, beta male, who loves conversation and the outdoors."

Does the term "beta male" have a negative connotation for you? Is it bad for a person to say that even if it's true, the same way that it's bad to announce you have low self-esteem or body odour? And what if he was seeking only platonic friendship, would it be advisable to use the term then? Thanks for your help.

0|0
10|6

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• What a pathetic personal ad lmao. No dude using the term beta/alpha is a pretty big turn off to most girls. While it's just a word used to describe certain personality traits people like to freak out and bring up wolves. It's much easier to use the world alpha or beta but people are weird.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Three words: He's an idiot. A male is a male. Have no impact for me. In platonic relationships or anything, the term is not necessary. Be yourself without the added terms. It will give people the wrong idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had to look up the term to make sure I was thinking of the right definition. The first thing that comes to mind about a beta male is that he's essentially harmless. Probably a nice guy to be friends with but lacking half the traits I like in men whom I'd think of romantically. I'd give him a shot but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in the friend zone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Just make sure not to date abbey alpha type female. She would probably take advantage of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd think that it would be kinda pathetic.

0|0
    0|0
  • As soon as I see beta or alpha, I'd close the screen. I don't play with little boys. There's no such thing as beta or alpha. That only exists in the animal kingdom not humans.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would keep scrolling

0|0
    0|0
    • The alpha male will typically sleep with you quite a few times, and then dump you for someone else within 3 to 6 months.

I am the "Omega", and I'm twice your age, and I've seen it all.

Alphas are ready for a fall.

• Show All
    • @AbleLearner alright, anyway, I'm gonna go kiss a girl now

• I would want to meet him anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm beta so he wouldn't be for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Pathetic lol. Guys who buy into all that alpha beta crap are always losers.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• It just reeks desperation

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not a good idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd think he's an idiot. I don't see why anyone would want to describe themselves with alpha or beta descriptions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably isn't boyfriend material

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. That he's a cool bruh with game!

0|0
    0|0