Is it bad that I'm now a senior in high school, and I've never had a boyfriend or been on a date yet?

I have had guys ask me out, but they were not my type. I think my problem is that I attract a lot of older guys, but once they find out I am in high school, they don't want to date me anymore. I don't know what to do. Should I just wait till college, where there is a better range of guys to date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. It's better for you. It's ok to think of school first and relationship later. When it's meant to be it will happen. Sometimes having a career and thinking of you first is a really good thing. It can help a relationship in many ways. You'd never feel like you were complete. Some think of boys and school and get caught up in the relationship and realize they've never had time to do their own thing in life and that's even after children and marriage and they end up in divorce just because of that. You're ahead of the game and going into the right direction. You'll be happier this way. You'll find that special one and it'll mean more to you both. I promise you that. Wait till it happens. College is way better. Have fun let someone come to you and you date and get to know someone. They'll be times where you've known a person for years but you really don't KNOW the person. Take your time you're young still and everything will fall into play. Your first will love and respect you ten times more knowing he's the only one and THE ONE. Relationships can make life complicated believe me. Focus on school first especially if you want a specific career cause a relationship will only interfere with your concentration. The wrong relationship will ruin many things. Just go with it and wait till college and have fun first. Then when it feels right you'll just know. I'm happy for you that you've waited. You're so lucky and your future husband will adore you for life. Your first always does and having him apart of you and being the father of your children makes for a very happy life together. Good luck girl. I would love to have had someone talk to me about this when I was in high school. I've seen the kind of love that two people have that are one another's first loves, it's so beautiful and you can be nothing but happy and so in love. You've done good. No worries. You're more special then you'll ever know😊

What Guys Said 7

• Hi!

In my humble opinion, you have to check some things first to make sure you're as conscious as possible about yourself:

1. Identify the patterns in your behavior and your beliefs to understand why are you attracting this type of men, so you can make the adjustments needed following the next item (2).
    2. Define exactly what kind of relationship you want and what kind of relationship you need, because both may be very different from each other.
    3. Stay true to yourself and to your definition from the items 1 and 2.
    4. Take care to fully understand men's interests before moving forward, and for this I strong advise you to talk to both man and woman you really trust to be more assertive.
    5. Never tell any man you may date in the near future that you never had a boyfriend neither had been on a date before, because this is a lot of information, mainly for those you bad intentions against you. Be really careful with this item in special!

Then you can share more here as the things happen :)

• Just keep being social and when it happens it happens.

It isn't bad and nothing is wrong with being that age and not dating.

• Yes wait until college. You are just fine and it is okay you have not had a boyfriend. Everyone moves at their own pace

• ok so u have never dated and zero boyfriend ever.. but you have a type? here is a secret you won't really know your type until you explore what is out there.. Maybe go on a date with the next guy and he at first think he's not you type but after a while he seems funny and charming and over all like a really good match for you.. but you never know until you explore the options.. FYI looks aren't everything and it takes a lot of courage for those young guys to ask you out

• No, there is nothing wrong with it. I waited until after high school.

• I didn't date in HS. A lot of people didn't. Not that unusual.

• the best way is to undermine a girls confidence and destroy her self respect. My last girlfriend was a complete prude but I manipulated her skillfully into doing what I wanted her to sexually by making snide comments about her looks and her weight and generally treating her like shit. This one time she ran out of the house the first time I gave her surprise anal and wouldn't come in off the lawn and back into the house until I told her to come in and stop shouting because I didn't want my neighbours to see a crazy fat hooker on my lawn which she did and we had anal sex again. Eventually I dumped her after her eating disorder got out of control and she had to go to a anorexia clinic. Her hair was falling out but man her body was looked hot and tight.

• That's terrible. She probably just had low self-esteem not prude

• @BackAgain The lower a girls self esteem the more open a girl is when it comes to sex, just look at any girl who had daddy issues.

What Girls Said 12

• It's not bad, trust me. I know it probably sucks, but it's definitely not weird or anything like that. I didn't go on my first date until the summer after senior year of high school. Meeting new people and dating is way easier (and better) in college.

• Wait until college, well thats what Im doing. Highschool is a very difficult time to have a relationship, especially if your committed to doing well. Dont get down on yourself because I've never been on a date either

• No it's not bad, I've been out of high school for over a year and I've never had a boyfriend either. I think it's better to just let things happen, I'm sure someone with mutual interest will come around eventually

• You sound just like me!!
    Except the guys didn't mind that I was in high school. If I were you I'd wait til college because even if you get a boyfriend it probably won't last since most couples break up for college

• ever tried showing interest in guys at school? or maybe a friend of a friend who's your age?
    I'm not shy exactly, but wouldn't ask a guy out, I just show I'm interested and guys ask me out..

• Not at all, it's good. That's how I was, trust me, there'll be plenty

• Lots of women have a huge sexual revolution thing in their 30s, you have tons of time.

• I'm like you so

• um I'm a freshman in college and never been asked out or dated or had a boyfriend.
    u should wait til college tho because after highschool people have to make life decisions and might move across the country.

• No, it is not a bad thing at all. If it doesn't feel right or you don't feel attracted to them, don't date them. I didn't date anyone until my junior year of high school, but he was my lifelong best friend too. Whatever you do, don't rush anything or try to force anything that doesn't feel right! I tried that, thinking that the guy would grow on me. I was completely wrong.

• Girl, i didn't date til i was 20. A lot of guys liked me and wanted to date me, but i turn them all down for my career and myself. I was playing hard to get too, and they all couldnt handle it lol. After i was close to getting into my career and work on myself, i decided to say yes to this one man.

• It's not bad! I just graduated from high school, but I took most classes at the local community college so I ran in a similar problem. Relax the right guy will come along!

Honestly, senior year can be pretty crazy! I would just wait till college!