Guys, What about a woman's conversation would make you say these comments?

A lot of men comment "you're mysterious, there is something your not telling me" " put something in my ear" " did someone hurt you"
" I want to know more" "let me know something". What would cause these comments? Certain topics not discussed what?

I'll post more after I heard answers

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you have a quiet manner or seem serious - If you are shy or tentative, some guys assume something has happened in the past - My own view is wait for the girl/woman to tell you if something is up even if you feel there is something in the background - I definitely wouldn't broach the topic early in an relationship but after a time if I had concerns I might explore more in my communication with her.
    It is one of those things for me that if it feels right I might talk about it but there are no standard signals just a feeling you get. Some may be more open to expressing empathy than others and it is up to other person whether they want to respond or not. I have definitely got it wrong in the past where there was nothing big wrong or they didn't want to talk about it but then again a lot of the times I was right.
    Part of me goes it is okay to be wrong if it means I can help a lot of other times by talking to people but I do get your point if you don't want to talk or have nothing to talk about, it can feel intrusive or people are creating drama unnecessarily.

What Guys Said 19

• That's a Libra thing and some other air signs that often practice telling only part of the story, revealing as little as possible... just out of habit if no real reason (as they have suggested).
    Scorpios definitely conceal facts, as if part of a secret brotherhood or preservation of power (= knowledge), as well as other water signs.
    If it bothers them = NOT a match and will continue to hound you rest of life, even after you trust/open up to them.
    No need to change, this is a defense against manipulators that may have manifested itself after being used a few times.

• I've never, ever said any of that!! Who is saying that to you? Sounds kind of creepy, like probing, and too personal!!
    Ok, 'I want to know more', but that was with a close, personal friend, and we trust each other, and she was having issues and I wanted to help but didn't understand all the details of her disagreement with her older brother.

• Sounds a little creepy, needy and invasive to be honest. even the mysterious one... thats just an outright lie.

• I think I know. It's called curiosity. We just want to know.

• With just this little bit of information to go on my first thought is you keep a lot of things to yourself. Do you think you are a bit guarded around men and what you talk about with them?

• Yes. Because the more you tell someone they will try and use it against you, or take advantage of you. I love to open up to someone personally. But I'd need them to be the same. I'm just guarded with my personal info. You just can't share everything with everyone. I strictly keep convo platonic until, I see them opening up.

• It is human nature to pick up on non-verbal cues in conversation. It sounds like the guys you are with feel like you are not being open with them.

• I never said any of this to anyone personally, but I find people to be pretty easy to figure out or read, so I never really had much if any questions about people that way.

• "you're mysterious, there is something your not telling me"
    Translation: Tell me about your past, I am an annoying, overly curious s. o. b

"Did someone hurt you?"
    Translation: Still a nosy s. o. b, waiting for a chance to act macho.

"I want to know more"
    Translation: It's all about me, I am impatient

"Let me know something"
    Tell him: an average bee hive generates approx. 18 kg of honey. Delicious, no?

• "You're a bitch and I know it, why don't you say it from yourself"

• Was that necessary? You don't even know me

• no lol , I am not describing you as that.
      I was just giving a figure of speech.

• I do use sometimes " there is something your not telling me" when i talk with some girl and her eyes say she is not telling me something that looks important.
    " did someone hurt you" if talk is going in that direction or she is disturbed, sad... Depends on her reactions i guess... But way you listed things it sounds like some weird way to flirt with someone acting all misterious or lathently horny. Or could be some weirdo i guess. Who knows depends on context...

• its standard line to show we are interested and care... in reality its a con so we can get in your knickers

• Yes. I was thinking the same. It also goes for controlling type that aim to manipulate you.

• " did someone hurt you"

Sarcastically feigning concern about a problem that deeply affects you but is probably trivial.

• because you're vague and don't mention specifics.

• Oh lord that's just nosey.

• you must be leaving out details. guys like to have the full picture, not just a couple of bullet points.

• They are all saying "I'm interested in you and am trying to let you know that in what I think is woman speak in the hopes you accept this offering of dick."

• That you either dont talk a lot or he is hard at trying to know you

• Don't read too much into it, it's interest.

• Nothing. Just trying to get laid.