Should I give up... Or give him time?

I met this guy when I changed jobs.. I didn't really like him at first, thought he was cool, but he was head-over-heels for me. I was in an okay place at the time, I was in a 2 year relationship with a guy who didn't really respect me. We will call the guy who really like me Bob and my ex.. My ex.

So Bob was starting to pursue me, talking to me all the time and texting me, I didn't really realize at first that he liked me, because I wasn't looking for a relationship. I just thought he was hella friendly. Anyways, once Bob confessed his feelings for me, I realized I kind of liked him too. So I told him that I was in a relationship. I wasn't happy in my relationship at all, probably wondering why I stayed with him? Yeah don't know either. I was more scared to break up with him because I didn't know what life would be like without him. I told Bob that I was trying to breakup with my boyfriend at the time and he said he'd wait.

Months had passed and I still couldn't man up to break up with ex. But Bob was patiently waiting. Anyways, Bob gave up and started dating another girl. I was devasted, because when I found out, I had finally broken up with my ex. Bob still really liked me, so we still talked and flirted while he was dating her. He vented to me about everything, and I felt officially friend zoned. But then they broke up. His ex was mentally insane, psychotic, always in the hospital... It was a very taxing relationship for him. We still wanted to be together so I told him I'd give him time.

But now, it's been at least 6 months since they broke up and he's become distant. I have to text him first, or we won't talk unless we're at work. Everything seemed to be piecing together, he talked about how he was excited about our relationship.. But now he won't even bother to text me. I asked him why he was so distant and he told me that he wasn't ready for a relationship, but he would love to and still wants to be with me. I'm just not sure what I should do now

What Guys Said 2

• the best things in life sometimes take time.. its good he's not rushing it to fast because if he's not ready and he started a relationship it would more then likely end badly.. So i suggest if you really like this person that you relax and slowly start to work on the communication aspect and then when he's ready and feel comfortable try to re-approach the romantic relationship..

• He waited way longer than most men would. I'd say you've waited long enough as well. I'd say let him go and go about your business. If he comes back and
    you want to, revisit the possibility of getting together. Although, I think the spark on his side is dead. in my opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he doesn't think you're that interested in him. After all, it took you a while in order to break up from your ex. Or he doesn't want a relationship anymore.