Why do guys lose interest when they find out what I study?

I'm on dating sites and I've noticed that most guys seem to lose interest when I tell them what I study. We'll write back and forth and things seem fine and then they ask me what I study and when I tell them they stop replying or take longer to reply between messages and makes no effort to continue the conversation so it eventually dies out. I study IT, is it really that bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why they would lose interest, IT doesn't sound bad :/

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• It has a nerdy ring to it (some guys won't like that, others will love it), but if they already know what you look like and have talked to you it shouldn't turn them off just like that. Maybe they're bored with the conversation.

• I would probably be more interested, because I am going into a career field that is very close to IT.

• I doubt it's because of your major. Maybe they just get bored.

• Guys general don't find a woman's career path a turn off it sound like your projecting

• IT is fine.

What Girls Said 0