Guys, is it really a turn off if a female asks you out?

There is the guy I matched with on tinder. He seems like the quieter type. I added him on Facebook.. And he has no girl action, he seems like a quiet musician guy who likes reading and chillin out. He seems really nice too. Would it be okay if I just straight up asked him if he'd like to get together sometime? Those words exactly? Or should I say I'd like to see you sometime without asking him? I'm pretty attractive, but I'm super introverted and shy myself... But I guess I don't mind asking him. My friend told me I should never ask a guy because they would ask if they wanted to. It's just he seems not like the type to chase women or be like confident in asking women out. Of course this is my take on it. Our convo on tinder died out and he seemed to really want to get to know me but didn't take initiative, and then he deleted his tinder so I had to find him on fb. He accepted my request today. Should I send him a message tonight? If so what?

• No, girls can ask, it isn't a turn off
  • Yes, there's no chase and she appears easy, so it's turn off

Most Helpful Guy

• There is not a single circumstance where a guy would not prefer to be asked out by a girl unless he finds her unattractive but even then that's a non issue.

I wish every girl I was interested in would have asked me out at least I would have known they liked me enough to make a move instead of me being left in a state of wonder...

My ending statement is this - I think girls should ask guys out, girls seem to have a better sense of compatibility... Well maybe not but at least life would be easier if they did more often.

What Guys Said 27

• Of course not. Honestly, I would respect that a lot actually, it shows 2 things:

A - You have guts.

B - You don't let society dictate your actions. You go against the tide and you get what you want.

• I prefer that over the girls who expect to be chased.

• No, it is flattering to be asked and shows that the female has the initiative to go after what she wants.

• That's how I met my wife. She sent me a message on match. com.

• Why the hell would I be turned off by a girl asking me out?
    Is she Hilary Clinton? That might turn me off :v

• No I wish the girls I'm attracted to would ask me out

• It's cool with me.

• Honestly, a girl asking me is my preference. Some guys such as myself, don't always have the confidence to ask her out. We feel inferior or unworthy or even intimidated, get the butterflies etc too!!!

• No I love a girl that can the initiative and do that. I'm sure if he's a quiet guy he will love it, I say go for it!

• It's an honor to be honest.

• Girl should never ask out, we will always think that there is something wrong with this girl.
    If she can ask me out she can ask out anyone lol!!
    Yeah we boys are lame and picky at these things :D..

But please it doesn't mean that this gives you the certificate to show attitude :D We also hate those who show us attitude, No matter how hot she is!!

Just be yourself, if you have a crush on someone don't ask him out directly, just give him a hint ;) *Voila!!
    He will be the one asking you out ;)

• Not at all. I welcome it.

• We are not mind readers you know. It might come as a nice surprise for the guy to know that someone likes him. I wouldn't mind a girl asking me out, it means she has guts

• Fine with me.
    You want something just go for it, waiting around does nothing good.

• Just ask him out.

• I would love it, and I know a lot of other males would too.

• bullshit. many guys would love it if girls would do the first move more often

• Only if she's fat, ugly, or too old.

• Not at all I just think most of the time it's probably embarrassing for themselves.

• Not to me.

• Girls are living in a different universe I swear

• If he reacts negatively... Start swiping again.

• Life would be so much greater if girls asked guys out as much as guys asked girls out.

• Haha, women walking right into the lion den. Women are so screwed. You girls will just get used for sex. I love this world

• Naw not at all

• Actually many guys like to be asked out. In many cases, it is not fun to chase girls.

• Actually MOST (not all) guys find it a turn on.

What Girls Said 5

• DAMN SORRY I clicked the wrong choice! I meant "No, girls can ask out, it isn't a turn off"
    Based on what you said it sounds like you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain from asking him out. Go for it mannn c:
    I've asked guys out before and they always said yes unless they just blatantly weren't interested- then they would at least tell me so I can stop trying. GOOD LUCK!!

• Though they don't like it, I still encourage it. Lol because that way they'll get used to it

• very interesting results.

• Oops I said the second. I meant the first.

• I would think not but ಠ_ಠ its Starting to seem like it was for him

Oh well