Girls, Would you date a military man?

I'm heading into the military in a wee bit, (infantry reserves) already got my application in and responded now just waiting for my post dates for basic training.

I've been stuck on an issue however, when I broke up with my ex about 2-3 years ago I never really had an interest in dating anyone except for one girl. But as that fell through the floor a while ago and I made my decision to head into the force I was always worried about never finding a gal that would support me. I haven't been able to find a gal that doesn't stare at her phone all day and wouldn't cheat on someone if they're not around (which may happen off and on)

so my question stands, would you date a military man loyally?

17

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been happily and faithfully with my husband who is a soldier for three and a half years, 16 and a half months of our relationship has been long distance.

What Girls Said 16

• No I would not date a military man. I respect him/you and your choices. But no.

I am not interested in long distance and relationships are about us both, and my happiness matters too and I am allowed to be selfish in that matter and sitting around for a month or years on end waiting for you, not even knowing if you're coming back at all, and how long you'll be back.
    I would remain loyal to anyone, I am not a cheater/liar, but no.

Some girls like the space, and some people are into polygamy and open relationships and may have agreements there, but I am not into that. I don't want space from the person I love, nor want anyone else. So it wouldn't work for me.

• Very true and fair points, I guess everyone has their own preference!

• I'm having the same reservations about dating because I'm also leaving for active duty and a lot of friends in the military say that they met great people there who had similar values and thoughts. So maybe you will find someone

• I wouldn't date someone in the military. Firstly, because I don't like the military. Secondly, because I want to see them. I would want them to be a big part of my life and that won't happen in the way I would like if my partner was away all the time.

• It definitely wouldn't be a easy decision and there would be ups and downs but if he was worth it and he loved me as much as I loved him then I might because it might just end up working out.

• Anyone I would date, I would date loyally. But no, I would not date a military man.

• It depends on the situation if their were no kids involved, I would support him but if we had children that would not be right, because i still have to make a living and it will be very difficult. The military is extremely scary and I would want to see him.

• Well I love about 8/10 minutes from base so it's pretty common here.
    If I liked him then yes, I would.
    But there are quite a few people where I'm at who purposely look for military men for their money.

• Haha, I wish money is alright its just enough to get an apartment with room mates with a lacking of food where I'm going in hahaha. Good to know the money gals won't be attracted to lol

• my boyfriend is in the army.
    Approaching 2 years together. Very easy to stay loyal.

• Good for him! seems like a lot of people have mixed reviews on this subject but hey at least I know there are people out there who would.

• Yeah you just have to find someone who can handle the distance. Not everyone is capable, but I believe if you're really in love, you can make the distance work.

• I practice polyandry (being in relationships with multiple men), so I'm not sure if you would consider me to be loyal in the traditional sense. But yes, I would love to be in a relationship with a military man.

• No. Been there, done that. By and large, I find them to be assholes.

• Haha, got to agree there!

• Seems to be, with a huge undercurrent of suppressed homosexuality. Violent, close minded and entitled. What an attractive mix!

• @TakeMaker IKR

• yes I would

• Probably not.

• Yeah, if he's a good guy x)

• Sure :)

• I don't think so.
    -I would hate to find someone here that I liked, but stayed with you bc obligation
    -I would hate for you to end up dead or something
    -Long distance
    I wouldn't mind being good friends, but no thanks to dating.

• No because they lack empathy and compassion. Besides I'd feel lonely in a relationship with a guy who was working away a lot

• Working away a lot. i can surely see, however a lot of people who go into the force have feelings that can be crushed and tested just not under working force. a lot of the stereotype of not being a human being (ie feelings) after being a soldier is kinda goofy. But everyone has there own opinion!